Mechanical Design Engineer
A bright Mechanical Design Engineer with strong technical abilities, a creative mind and good analytical skills is sought by a UK provider of advanced communications and measurement infrastructure targeted at improving efficiency and quality of life.
You'll be an innovative Mechanical Design Engineer with a passion for technology & Engineering, you’ll have strong 3D CAD skills (SolidWorks and/or Pro-E/ Creo) and good knowledge of FEA.
As part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team, the successful Mechanical Engineer will create novel ideas, using their strong problem solving and analytical skills incorporating 3D CAD skills, FEA / Simulation and materials knowledge.
To be considered for this role you will ideally have:
- A minimum of a 1st / 2.1 Hons Degree from a respected University.
- A Masters / PhD would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Strong Engineering Maths / Mathematical analysis skills.
- Proven 3D CAD skills using SolidWorks, ProE /Creo.
- FEA and simulation experience.
- Design for demanding environments.
- Experience working with a range of materials.
- Manufacturing processes: injection moulding, casting, machining.
- Building prototypes.
- Good customer facing skills.
Working on the design and development of a range of innovative sensor technologies, you will ideally bring experience of designing products for use in demanding environments and will benefit from an understanding of design for high voltage applications.
A highly competitive salary will be offered with comprehensive benefits to include Private Healthcare, Non-Contributory Pension Scheme, 25 days holiday, Life cover and relocation assistance (if applicable).
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83253632