MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE PARALEGAL
Medical Negligence Paralegal
My client, an award winning top 100 law firm is looking to take on a Medical Negligence Paralegal to assist the solicitors in the team.
As a leading UK law firm with a network of offices throughout the UK, you will be working together as one national team. They are an innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve "Gold Standard" Investors in People. These values extend to their employees who enjoy excellent benefits, job satisfaction and extensive career prospects. Importantly for aspiring solicitors, there are routes through the internal training contract selection process.
There are two paralegal roles available in the Reading office and will be focused on providing an exceptional experience for all potential, new and existing clients. You will be responsible for assisting a Solicitor within a team dealing with medical negligence cases.
Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Providing a comprehensive case progressions service including helping to manage litigation timetables, deadlines, medical reports, appointments, conferences with junior and leading counsel etc.
* Assist in evidence gathering to include medical records, statements, other documentary evidence and experts' reports.
* To ensure that all work and the collected evidence is properly marshalled and recorded on the files.
* Take detailed witness statements as required
* Assist with the preparation of bundles for hearings/trials
* Visit clients around the UK
* Research and preparation of legal papers
Skills and qualifications
Successful candidates will have an excellent telephone manner, strong client orientation and professional approach. You must demonstrate excellent organisational skills, an ability to work to deadlines and attention to detail.
Although you will be provided comprehensive training on our products, services and systems; you will already have good keyboard skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office packages. Being computer literate and the ability to use different types of software packages to a high standard is crucial to the role.
Applicants must have a degree or LPC or be working towards the CILEx qualification and ideally will have experience in litigation.
A full clean driving licence is desirable.
To apply, please click below or call Joseph Wells at Reed Legal for more information.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83235991