Financial Crime Manager
This is an opportunity to join a very fast growing and entrepreneurial accountancy and business advisory firm. As part of the FS team, you will gain exposure to a huge breadth of clients ranging from blue chip companies to fast growing and exciting start-ups.
As a Manager within the Financial Crime team, you will support the Senior Manager and Partner in managing the financial crime engagements across our portfolio of clients. In addition, you will play a key role in developing the financial crime team and service offering.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with all clients
- Management of financial crime reviews from planning to preparation of draft reports, effectively delegating to the Assistant Manager
- Coaching of fieldwork team and review of working papers.
- Assist with engagement administration including preparation of engagement letters.
- Ensure team members respond to review points raised.
- Discuss issues that arise with internal team and client management.
- Be alive to possible business opportunities for the team and bring to the attention of the Senior Manager and relevant Partner.
- Assist with realising the financial crime opportunities through marketing, recruitment, training and development of methodologies.
- Attend events and conferences as a representative of the Firm.
- Deliver projects in the required timeframe as agreed with the client.
- Ensure projects are well managed and commercially viable by budgeting effectively and billing clients promptly.
- Demonstrable experience in delivery of financial crime reviews and reporting to regulatory authorities.
- Knowledge of the UK and European financial crime regulatory environment (knowledge of the global environment an advantage).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Sound technical knowledge of financial products and / or customer-facing regulated activities.
Qualifications and skills
- Relevant financial crime and financial services experience.
- Strong academic background, ideally to degree level or equivalent.
- Good reporting writing and presentation skills.
- Financial Crime / AML professional qualification preferred.
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/960717004