Commercial Finance Controller
- Commercial finance position within the UK division of a global organisation - Commercial Finance Controller
- Very autonomous, proactive role with ability to influence & drive the business
My client is a global FMCG business with well known brands in the portfolio. Group turnover in the billions of pounds. This position sits within the UK business unit with a turnover of circa £100m p/a
Your responsibilities will include business partnering the National sales team, budgeting forecasting & month end, trend analysis and other adhoc commercial activities.
You will be involved in:
Commercial Strategy, working closely with the Commercial Director and Commercial Retail Sales
- Commercial Sales to margin budget and forecast process
- Customer Contract review and sign off
- Establishing and improving tactical to strategic pricing policies
- Business Partnering stakeholders both internally & externally
- Leading the New Business Development Workstream
- New business case support- both in the commercial training of the field sales team and continuous improvement of business case process
- Working with Sales and Marketing teams to develop promotional effectiveness
- Working with Marketing to understand how market insights can be used with pricing tactical strategies to gain market share
- Ensure that all reporting is timely, accurate, suitably tailored and relevant.
- Lead the Field sales team performance process: Budgets, forecasts, month end, PY analysis including commissions - in conjunction with the Commercial Analyst- Field Sales
- Leading and owning the creation and improvement of the Internal reporting
- Lead team in Financial trend analysis and insight on channels
- Relevant Promotional tracking, strategy and authorisation
- Benchmark and make recommendations on product /sector pricing and trade term analysis. Identification of key / material price and terms variances for investigation with the sales team, liaising, supporting and challenging business stakeholders to understand causes.
- Pricing sign off of calculators and business cases in line with the pricing policy including business case review, promotions and clearance
- Standard Joint Business Plan templates and Quarterly review Process
- Continuously look to develop reporting and processes to be more effective and efficient
- Develop and empower field sales and marketing through training the teams on SAP BI, Excel etc
- Improve the process effectiveness and efficiency in routine reporting - and where possible develop BOBJ/BEX to automate reporting and empower the sales and marketing teams
The successful candidate will have worked in a similar role within a relevant environment (i.e. FMCG, retail, etc). A fast paced, constantly changing environment, my client needs this individual to be able to rapidly add value to the business.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Commercial experience - business partnering & driving commercial activities
- Ability to work in an unstructured, ever changing role with minimal supervision at times
- Strong Leadership, Impact and influencing Skills, stakeholder and team management
- You must be a self starter, who is results orientated and enjoys a continuous improvement environment
- To successfully business partner the sales team you must also be a strong communicator, who is clear and logically thinking to support the Customer needs (internal and external)
- Strong Experience of SAP processes and systems plus Business Objects an advantage
- Strong excel skills
- Team player
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking developing results and meeting customer needs
- Strong at planning and organising formulating strategies and concepts
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 5 years Post Qualified Experience
- Commercial Finance Controller
We have a salary up to £85,000 maximum. This will depend on the candidate's experience. There is a clear progression path in place for the successful candidate. Commercial Finance Controller - Greenford.