Tax Senior - North London
Taylor Hawkes are currently recruiting an experienced Tax Senior on behalf of our client, an established Top 100 Accountancy firm based in North London.
The role will encompass completing tax returns with minimum supervision while providing technical guidance and coaching for junior team members and becoming the first point of contact for clients on a day to day basis.
* Able to carry out all aspects of a Tax Semi Senior role as required.
* Review clients' affairs for tax planning opportunities. Advise on tax issues refer to Manager if required.
* Develop good working relationships with clients and team members.
* Communicate with Team Managers regarding your performance, the performance of the team and any other issues requiring their attention. Highlight anything which is not understood or which is inconsistent with expectations.
* Develop an understanding of all the Firm's services to discuss them at a general level with clients (subject to regulatory constraints).
* Begin to raise bills as directed by Team Manager / Head of Personal Tax / Partner.
* Progress through exams (if relevant).
* Fulfil measures of effectiveness and meet competencies set for role, exceeding those expected of a Semi Senior.
Measures of effectiveness:
* Perform assigned work efficiently and effectively ensuring accuracy and completion within
* Ensure every client, where appropriate, has been advised of measures they can take to reduce their Tax liability.
* Delegate work to team as appropriate to ensure that returns are completed on-time and to budget and suitable learning opportunities are provided for the team.
* Regarded by Team Manager / Head of Personal Tax / Partner and other team members as a conscientious, enthusiastic, reliable and competent member of the team.
* Communicate appropriately with clients to gather information required.
* Look after 150 - 250 clients dependent on complexity of client, and as agreed with your Team Manager / Head of Personal Tax.
* Attend courses and development opportunities as identified and apply knowledge learned.
* Demonstrate competency using systems correctly including Digita and P11d Manager
* Track own progress against the above measures and flag up any gaps to Team Manager / Head of Personal Tax / HR so that these can be addressed in a timely manner.
For more information please contact Harry Corper at Taylor Hawkes
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/960716968