Bookkeeper - Independent Firm - Fenchurch Street Station
Taylor Hawkes are working with a very impressive independent firm and because of the growth within their business, the firm are recruiting for an experienced bookkeeper, ideally an experienced Sage user.
* The role of the Bookkeeper would include bookkeeping, preparation of VAT returns and management accounts for a selection of clients.
The candidate will have at least 3 years experience working as a bookkeeper within an accountancy practice or relevant environment and have experience dealing with multiple clients. The candidate can be qualified by experience or looking to start or progress with an accountancy qualification:
On top of this the bookkeeper will assist with the following duties:
* Limited preparation of statutory accounts and basic corporation tax returns;
* Maintenance of company secretarial records including preparation and filing of Annual returns.
* Appointment and Resignation of company officers and other ad hoc items such as changes in share capital and financial year ends;
* Providing financial information by preparing basic sets of management accounts and rental property accounts;
* Preparation of quarterly VAT returns, including analysis of client's books and records, entry into Sage Line 50 and calculation of the liability or repayment;
* Bookkeeping tasks, such as entry of client's primary records into an Excel spreadsheet or into an accounting package such as Sage Line 50.
* Assisting more senior members of staff in preparing statutory accounts by reconciling control accounts such as trade debtors and trade creditors; calculating and posting entries for depreciation and amortisation; identification and calculation of accrued and prepaid expenses; preparation of the profit and loss schedules.
* Very good understanding of accounting principles and best practice
* Excellent in English, verbal and written communication
* Excellent numeracy skills and accurate data entry
* Self-motivated and ability to work independently and to tight deadlines
* Proficient in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and Outlook
* Confident and polite telephone manner
For more information, please contact Nathan Cutler at Taylor Hawkes
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/960716611