Sales Calling Agent
Sales Calling Agent
NCS Sales Calling Team
Start date: October/November 2018
Location: Old Trafford, Manchester
The Challenge’s vision is for a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and their guardians across the country. For more information about what The Challenge does and what its values are, please visit our website.
About the role
We are looking for tenacious, organised and enthusiastic agents for our 7-day Sales Calling Team in Manchester. The Sales Calling Team is targeted to make calls to, and handle inbound calls from, warm leads to complete the registration of young people onto an NCS programme, continue their customer service journey in the months between applying and taking part, and to answer general customer queries.
Successful candidates will work in a fast-paced and developing environment with a focus on customer experience and outcome and an expectation to meet stretching productivity and quality targets across three strands of work: outbound sales calls, outbound retention calls, and inbound sales and customer service calls. There is a great deal of job satisfaction to be gained enriching young people’s lives and local communities through the NCS Programme.
- Making/receiving calls to/from parents and young people and using excellent phone technique and persuasion skills to complete their application to an NCS programme
- Answering customer queries
- Retaining sign ups using customer service and sales techniques
- Provide high levels of customer service via telephone and email
- Accurate reporting of data and calls
- Using IT systems including Salesforce CRM to record and process customer information
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working in customer facing environment, preferably in a contact centre
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong self-motivation
- Demonstrable ability to achieve and exceed stretching targets on a consistent basis
- Attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of selling either face to face or on the phone
- Objection handling skills
- Ability to work in a team, and manage independent workload
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- A high level of resilience and self-discipline
- Problem solving and resolution skills
- Experience of using Google Drive Sheets and Docs
- Enjoy talking to people, being helpful and doing all you can to agree solutions to challenges
- Being calm under pressure and remaining assertive, determined and resilient
- Enthusiasm for, and commitment to, our mission and values with the ability to bring this to life when serving customers and working with colleagues
- Contracts will be offered on a six-month fixed-term basis with full and part-time roles available, starting October/November 2018.
- Salary is £18,000 per annum pro rata, approx. £9.89 per hour pre tax.
- As a charity we do not offer any cash bonus but other incentives for excellent performance and behaviours are in place.
- A minimum of three shifts are required on a weekly basis to include at least Saturday or Sunday - shifts available are 12-8pm or 4-8pm weekdays and 10am-6pm weekends.
- Allocated shift patterns are at the discretion of the hiring manager: full time, 35 hour, shift patterns on offer include Tuesday-Saturday and Friday-Tuesday.
- A 3-month probationary period applies to all new starters.
- In-depth training on NCS details, sales techniques, and systems is provided in the first week of the contract.
- Please apply by emailing a CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for this role by email via the button below.
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
The Challenge Network (The Challenge) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our privacy notice can be found here: https://the-challenge.org/careers
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you prior to, during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent data protection legislation in force from time-to-time.