Senior Product Owner
- Full Time
The Senior Product Owner will own the strategy and success of a number of our Digital Product teams delivering improvements to some of the largest eCommerce sites in the UK (TUI UK, First Choice and TUI Ireland).
You will thrive in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Have a good understanding user centred design, agile, customer data and how to motivate & inspire your teams to deliver continuous improvements to the customer experience and our ways of working.
You will understand Product Management, eCommerce, Agile and lean UX. You will get a buzz from delivering great experiences for the customer that drive great results for the company.
You will also be a great communicator, with your Product Owners, their Agile teams, your peers and with Senior Stakeholders up to board level.
Our Digital teams are located in Luton (just over 20 minutes from central London). The combination of Digital and Holidays makes this an exceptionally interesting place to work.
What You Will Be Doing
The Senior Product Owner will manage at least two Product Owners. You will create a compelling Product Vision and Strategy using stimulus such as the Digital Strategy, customer needs, stakeholders’ needs and external best practice. That Strategy will be easily understood by all of your teams and stakeholders thanks to your great communication skills.
You will inspire others to follow the vision, whilst setting and communicating key KPIs and goals.
You’ll agree MVPs by taking business, customer and technical needs into account.
You will manage and own the long-term roadmap. You’ll generate, gather and grow ideas by engaging positively with a range of stakeholders. You’ll then ensure that these are prioritised effectively into your Product backlogs.
You’ll anticipate risks or business blockers and will manage and remove these. You’ll be able to mitigate issues and communicate any adapted approach proactively.
You’ll have a real passion for digital and for the customer. You will use an evidence (quantitative and qualitative) based approach to understand what is best for the customer and the business.
You’ll keep up to date with Digital and Product best practice, and share this knowledge to try and constantly evolve and improve our approach.
What We Are Looking For
- Experience of creating and communicating a digital product strategy
- People management experience, ideally of Product Owners
- Ability to inspire and motivate a team
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Numerical, able to understand quantitative and qualitative data from tools such as Adobe, Decibel Insight and customer research
- Track record of finding simplicity in complexity and delivering customer value
- Experience in proactively identifying opportunities and problem solving
- Experience of Agile (Scrum or KANBAN)
- Product Management experience
- Ability to manage a complex roadmap and extract the highest value items
- Experience of a large ecommerce site, ideally travel related
- Lean UX and User Centred Design knowledge
- Excellent commercial acumen and decision making skills
- Knowledge of AB and MVT testing
- An understanding of brilliant user experience, and an ability to deliver this whilst removing complexity
- Track record of building positive relationships with stakeholders, Product team and IT
Working Within TUI Group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.