Aerospace PDM / PLM Project Manager
Job Location: Gloucestershire
Company Profile: Our client is an international company, supplying systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defence markets. They operate worldwide
Job Position: Aerospace PDM / PLM Project Manager
Job Status: Permanent (Contract could be an option)
Job Profile: A key member of the global PDM Team acting to ensure the deployment, proper application and the continuous improvement of the Landing Systems PDM tool.
Initiate, coordinate, plan and execute PDM related activities between functions, key users and PLM team.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- University degree in Engineering or Information Systems.
- Configuration Management.
- Business Process Deployment.
- Product Life Cycle Management and workflow process development.
- Good knowledge of engineering practices, preferably from an aerospace or automotive background.
- French Language skills or experience working in a French speaking environment is advantageous.
- Carry out testing of new PDM/PLM application releases with respect to defined and agreed processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain an informed Key User Network on the site to assist in supporting on-going operation and development of PDM.
- Act as PDM activity referent during local or global process development projects.
- Coordinate, define and document site specific utilization of PDM
- Coordinate, define and document program specific utilization of PDM
- Within the PLM Team, participate or lead application development domains for PDM advancements based on Landing System priorities.
- Input into application development specifications ensuring local engineering, production, customer services quality, and programme procedures are considered within PDM developments.
- Develop and maintain Training Materials in line with development activities and local training plan including:
- User Guides
- Training materials/videos/slides and supporting documentation
- Pamphlet/flyer/mementos for efficient reference
- Support Website and knowledge management systems
- Support users from other sites as needed during specific periods or shortages
- Users on sites of responsibility are to be empowered by the site lead through continuous improvement participation and by PDM/PLM support materials.
- Roll out user support and training for new PDM/PLM application software versions
- Develop, maintain and deliver PDM training plan by integrating the PDM training offering into the HR site training register.
- Capture & feedback information on PLM system performance through active participation in the Problem Report and Enhancements Request processes
- Represent site problems at PDM Functional Review Board to establish priority and schedule in line with local requirements.
- Co-ordinate support and implementation details for new problems or enhancements requested by users, key users or other functions. Review / Validate problems & propose corrections.
- Along with the Key User Network, provide the sites user base daily support and problem escalation assistance including:
- Licensing and account requests
- LifeCycle debugging
- Data consultations and correction planning
Salary: Up to £50,000 per annum depending on experience. Contract rate of up to £28 per hour on a limited company basis.
Benefits: Pension, Holiday, Relocation, etc.
Travel: Area of responsibility is for sites include UK, Singapore, Malaysia, and China
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83254654