Tax Senior (Top 50 Firm) West End
Taylor Hawkes are recruiting for a Tax Senior on behalf of our client, a top 50 firm specialising in media & entertainment clients. The firm are in the West End and offering full ATT / CTA Study support.
The portfolio of clients will include a mix of high profile individuals, professional persons, partnerships, entrepreneurs, and a burgeoning portfolio of non-UK domiciled clients.
The successful candidate will be expected to show common sense and be quick to gain knowledge of the client's affairs; to seek advice from managers before making decisions and feel equally confident communicating with clients, Partners, and colleagues.
Technical Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepare tax returns for review by the Manager
* Interface between clients and managers
* Assist with the training and supervision of more junior members of staff
* Assist with the general private client issues and suggest tax planning opportunities for clients within their portfolio
* Communication and correspondence with HMRC
* Communication with and answering queries from clients
* A minimum of 4 years' personal tax experience
* Accurate work, displaying initiative with minimal supervision
* A proactive attitude
* An ability to work under pressure and to be able to prioritise
* Good communication skills
* Good general knowledge of income tax, capital allowances, employment taxes, capital gains tax and benefits, foreign income and non-doms.
* A basic knowledge of inheritance tax
* Ideally the successful candidate will already have achieved excellent pass results at ATT level and be looking to undertake their CTA exams, for which support will be provided (on completion of a satisfactory probationary period). We would also prefer the successful candidate to have some working knowledge of Digita software, although training will be provided if not.
For more information, please contact Nathan Cutler at Taylor Hawkes
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/960716676