Mechanical Design Engineer (Defence/Security)
Mechanical Design Engineer – Electro-mechanical equipment for the Defence industry
Mechanical Design Engineer with experience in Opto/Electro-mechanical Product Design to take a position within a leading organisation, working on the new product development of equipment. As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for all Mechanical/Thermal modelling, developing industry leading solutions that make a difference across the globe.
Your position as a Mechanical Design Engineer focuses upon the development of all new and existing product developments for the organisation. As the Mechanical Engineer you will liaise with electronics/software engineers, whilst also helping to drive DFM improvements within design.
Skills required for the role of Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject
- Experience in the design of electronics enclosures for use in harsh environments - preferably in the defence/security industry
- Concept design through to manufacture/production
- SolidWorks CAD
- Thermal/Vibration/Stress analysis will be a distinct advantage
- Varied manufacturing understanding – Castings, Fabrication, Machining and Moulding
The salary for this position is up to £47,000 + benefits, depending on experience.
This is a brand-new requirement and my client are looking to fill the positions as soon as possible. They are looking to line up interviews as early as Monday 17th September but will be flexible for the right individual.
Send your CV to or call to find out more.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83251164