I am now working on behalf of a large manufacturing company based in Rotherham, South Yorkshire who are now looking to recruit a Maintenance Engineer on a days basis. This position will be responsible for attending breakdowns and carrying out planned maintenance throughout the factory. To apply for this position you can be Electrical or Mechanical bias as there is a few positions available.
Based in Rotherham my client is a large manufacturing company employing over 300 staff. The manufacturing facility is a fast paced site but is not a food manufacturing company. Due to improvements and new installations my client is now looking to recruit a few Maintenance Engineers, either Mechanical or Electrical bias. As the new Maintenance Engineer you will be on a days base with over time available.
Reporting into the Maintenance Team Leader you will work as part of a large engineering team on a days based position. To apply for this you can be either Electrical or Mechanical as additional training will be given to help be multi-skilled. As the ME you will be responsible for attending breakdowns and carrying out planned maintenance throughout the factory.
Other duties include:
- Repairing of variable equipment.
- Attending breakdowns throughout the factory.
- Carrying out planned maintenance throughout the factory.
- Check any potential alterations to job change plans.
- Stripping of mould equipment.
- Rebuilding of Machines with new mould equipment.
- Ensure the job change adheres to the specific job card and specifications.
- Liaise with Mould Shop to ensure that all mould equipment for next job change is correct and prepared the day before.
- Ensure both reactive and planned maintenance is undertaken and all completed in a safe manner.
- To ensure that machinery is in safe working order after any adjustments or repairs.
- Workshop repair of variable equipment, mechanisms and mechanical work site wide.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested within skill set.
To apply for the Maintenance Engineer position based in Rotherham you can be Mechanical, Electrical or Multi-skilled but must have some manufacturing background - FMCG, Manufacturing, Heavy Industry will all be considered.
- Apprentice trained in a relevant Engineering discipline - Essential.
- Hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Professional with strong desire to succeed.
- Good team player.
- Capable of working on your own.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Motivate and inspire colleagues to achieve the highest standards.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Logical and analytic thinker.
- Willing to undertake additional tasks (within capabilities) to get the job done.
- Confident and strong communicator.
This position is on a Monday-Friday days and will come with a salary around £27,000 with Over Time available.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83250936