Senior PHP Software Engineer (UK Remote working applicants considered)
Strictly no agencies
UK based remote working applicants considered
Wranx is a fast growing, SaaS content delivery platform in the Learning and Development industry. Our unique offering delivers training to businesses in bite-sized chunks through the scientifically proven method of spaced-repetition.
We are currently looking to expand the team and significantly grow the product. We’re continually enhancing our existing offering with the goal of building a world leading platform using various technologies including PHP 7, Symfony, Laravel and ReactJS. We are looking for capable developers who are flexible and able to feed into design and architecture decisions as we take the product to the next level.
The ideal applicant will not be afraid to adopt best practices and be willing to challenge the team; the current software stack already utilises automated testing, continuous integration and a containerised deployment pipeline from development through to production using Docker and AWS.
We are looking for experienced software engineers capable of building web applications that have large amounts of data, use APIs and queuing systems with some PHP experience. Candidates should have experience of, and understand the importance of, automated testing and well engineered-code when delivering robust, maintainable and scalable software.
The Senior PHP Developer is a full-stack role where you will be responsible for designing and building web applications, maintaining existing code bases, developing and optimizing SQL databases, and developing well-engineered bespoke PHP solutions. For this position, we seek candidates with strong application design and development skills who can be a technical leader within our organization and positively impact the Software Department through teaching and mentorship.
Role & Responsibilities
- To develop, build and enhance PHP software products and related developments.
- Write clean, object-oriented code, to a high standard and in a scalable way.
- Write and maintain frontend and backend code.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, testing and maintaining the core software product and databases.
- Write and detail requirements and tickets as necessary for new features and bugs, documenting them as required.
- Provide accurate estimates and convey task progress to relevant stakeholders.
- Peer review code from other developers.
- Write and maintain automated tests to support the application and related services.
- Assist in the maintenance of hosting and scaling requirements and related tools.
- Design and architect scalable solutions to best meet requirements.
- Contribute in all phases of the agile development life-cycle.
- Follow process and manage deployments for new releases.
- Keep up to date with tools, languages and technologies.
- Follow best practices and suggest new processes as required.
- Mentor more junior members of the team.
- PHP (5.6+)
- OOP and strong OOD skills with a thorough understanding of what makes code testable.
- One or more major PHP framework.
- One or more major JS framework (React, Angular, VueJS etc...).
- Demonstrable knowledge of at least one testing framework.
- Knowledge of at least one other language
- Linux Server Admin
- Agile methodologies
- Microservice architecture
- Some understanding of HTML 5/CSS
We offer a competitive salary and a friendly and flexible working environment:
- £40k - £50k depending on demonstrable experience.
- A discretionary annual bonus.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Fantastic hardware including a 34” monitor and a choice of laptop/MacBook pro.
- Pension with auto-enrollment.
- Attending relevant technology conferences.
Open to UK remote working candidates only.
This is a permanent full-time role, and is not open to contractors.
Please be advised that the Wranx interview process will usually work as follows:
1) Practical Engineering Code Test
2) Technical Interview
3) Team/Culture Fit Interview**
** Usually combined with technical interview
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our growing team, we’d love to hear from you. Dazzle us with your development expertise by applying with your CV and covering letter.
Strictly no agencies
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £40,000.00 to £50,000.00 /year
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/83236145