Production Engineer / Manager
A Production Engineer / Manager- CAD/CAM is required by successful; established specialist precision engineering company whom specialise in the manufacturing of machined components for the Automotive, Defence and Marine industries using the very latest in machining technology.
The Production Engineer / Manager - CAD/CAM will create CNC machining programmes from customer models and drawings using CAD/CAM software, also provide technical support to the management team and other departments.
This will also include publishing all associated paperwork to accompany the CNC machining programmes so that a comprehensive package of work instructions is issued to production.
- Ensure the safe and efficient use of company resources including both employees and machine tools.
- Ensure all company data associated with the CNC machine tools is to correct issue status and reflects the current working status
- Ensure compiled CNC programs are efficient, in time and tooling use is kept to minimum to reduce costs.
- Adherence to company / industry standards, accreditation's and customer requirements.
- Overall responsibility for the machining processes and strategies employed to ensure components are right first time and of a high quality.
- The design of suitable fixturing and tooling will also be required.
- To ensure the safe and efficient use of company resources.
Key Tasks Defined
- Support all other departments with advice and technical assistance where appropriate.
- Originate, maintain and verify CNC machine tool programmes and associated data files.
- Assist and advise all departments where appropriate.
- Assist with training as required.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety.
This is not an exhaustive list and you are required to be flexible in your approach to carrying out your duties, which may change from time to time to reflect changes in the Company's approach to a culture of continuous improvement.
Skills and Attributes Required
- IT skills - CAD/CAM software, CAD packages, MSO packages, MRP/ERP software
- Articulate with calm manner.
- Confident speaker.
- A positive can-do attitude.
- Motivated and keen to develop.
- Team player with the ability to be autonomous.
- Continual improvement.
- Customer and supplier facing.
Qualifications or Knowledge Required
- A good understanding of all machine shop disciplines especially those associated with CNC machine tools.
- A minimum education level of mathematics, science and English to O level/GSCE standard or equivalent.
- Knowledge of modern metal cutting tools and techniques is essential.
- Good knowledge of most engineering materials essential.
- A working knowledge of CAD/CAM principles and systems.
- Must have been directly involved in a metal machining environment.
- Must have been involved with CNC control systems / CAD/CAM.
Location: Clacton-On-Sea, Essex
Salary Guide: £27,000 - £35,000
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
Sorry that we cannot contact all of you personally, but thanks in advance for your interest.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83253635