Paralegal - Credit Hire
Paralegal - Credit Hire - Salary dependent on experience
Due to rapid growth they are looking to recruit a Paralegal to join their Credit Hire team.
- Handle a varied caseload of litigated work with an appropriate level of supervision.
- Comply with internal and external service level agreements.
- To record timely and accurate management information.
- To hit their individual financial targets (which are set based upon work type, charging basis and experience).
- Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.Support marketing and business development activity within the team (e.g. attending marketing events, client training, clinics and shadowing days).
- Legal experience or qualifications is desirable but not essential; and exposure to credit hire and litigation is desirable.
- IT skills - Be IT literate with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Prioritisation & Organisation skills - The ability to organise their own time, recognise what's a time pressure, what's important and when to ask for help.
- Analytical skills - The ability to critically look at factual evidence, identify what is not right/out of the ordinary.
- Commercial sense - The ability to know the principle or law but also know when is it worth pursuing it.
- Interpersonal skills - The ability to get on with a team, speak to a customer on the phone and meet a client.
- Resilience - The ability to stand their ground in a telephone negotiation and to receive feedback.
- Aptitude to learn - The ability to retain knowledge and put into play new skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Contact Stephen Hunt to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy board for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.