Ordnance Survey has an opportunity available for a UX/UI Designer to join the teambased at our Innovation Hub in London. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of circa £38,000 per annum plus excellent benefits – this is a fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding career.
Geovation is a business unit of Ordnance Survey (OS), the national mapping agency for Great Britain and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. OS data underpins billions of pounds of economic activity and plays a key role in delivering a range of technology advances – from autonomous vehicles and UAVs to digital building design and smart cities.
Geovation provides skills, space and funding for location-data and PropTech startups looking to make positive change happen. We’re based at a brand-new innovation centre in Clerkenwell, at the heart of London’s startup community.
Geovation supports an extended community of more than 1,200 entrepreneurs, investors, developers, academics, students and corporate innovators. Our accelerator programmes provide startups up to £20,000 in grant funding, business mentorship and coaching, access to data, experienced product development capabilities, geospatial expertise from Ordnance Survey and land and property insight from HM Land Registry. To date we’ve helped 65 technology start-ups raise £18M in external funding, creating hundreds of new jobs.
We offer fantastic benefits to our UX/UI Designer:
- Salary – circa £38,000
- Competitive pension
- 37 hour working week with flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave - (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Training & Development
- Paid volunteer day
- Bike to Work scheme (with secure bike storage and excellent changing facilities)
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
- On-site nursery
- Very generous staff benefits including over 500 discounts from national stores
- Wide variety of sports and social clubs
- Support for your health and wellbeing from eye care vouchers to health checks
About the role:
We are looking for a UX/UI Designer to work with the startups we support at Geovation.
You’ll use discovery tools and processes to capture business requirements and technical limitations, conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes.
The UX/UI designer will also be expected to provide design guidance on the overall functionality of the our startups’ products and services. You’ll help them deliver a great user experience, iterating in accordance with user-testing.
You will be required where appropriate to support all aspects of the UX lifecycle from research to implementation championing the experience of all users throughout.
Skills and experience required to be our UX/UI Designer:
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- First and foremost, you should have an excellent eye for design. You should know great web UI when you see it, and be able to explain why it's great (even if you didn't create it!)
- Of course, we're looking for self-starters - candidates who can jump in quickly without a lot of direction and learn by asking the right questions
- Knowledge of relevant languages and discovery tools (Invision, Sketch, Business Model Canvas)
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join the world’s leading map making and big data organisation as our UX/UI Designer.
Closing date: Monday 1st October 2018
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83251976