Assistant Management Accountant
Assistant Management Accountant - £24000
Your new company
Assistant Management Accountant needed for a global retail organisation based in Manchester city centre. This company has an excellent reputation in market and is widely regarded as a great place to work due its internal promotion schemes. Due to this, a position has opened up for an Assistant Management Accountant to join their long standing team.
Your new role
Reporting to the Financial Controller you will take a crucial role within the business which will give you exposure to the month end processes whilst also being responsible for key transactional finance processing. This will include:
- Processing of supplier invoices weekly
- Creating customer invoices on a monthly basis
- Debt chasing of customers
- Ensuring suppliers are reconciled and paid on time
- Bank Reconciliation
- Processing accruals and prepayments monthly
- Assisting in commentaries and variance analysis for monthly management pack
- Assisting in the preparation of the quarterly VAT return
- Ad-hoc project work and financial analysis as required
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintaining company fixed asset registers
- Analysis of credit card spend
- Providing support to the Senior Management team as and when required
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be studying for a relevant accountancy qualification (CIMA/ACCA) and have experience of closing month end. You will ideally have solid IT skills to include Microsoft Excel. This role requires the successful applicant to be able to work at a fast pace to strict deadlines, therefore you must be able work under pressure and prioritise tasks effectively.
What you'll get in return
You will join a successful business who offer excellent internal promotion schemes and a clear route of progression. You will be supported through your accountancy qualification and given an afternoon per week paid leave for your studies. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Part Qualified accounts professional to join a company that will support you through every stage of your career development.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83249199