Project Accountant (SPV, PPP, PFi)
TO £50,000 + £5,500 (Flexible Benefits Allowance) + BONUS + BENEFITS
My client, an exciting and reputable International Trading Company are looking for a Management Accountant to join one of their Finance teams and to be responsible for the financial accounting managements and administration of the companies OFTO projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Invoicing, Recording and maintaining books and records of Accounts including; Inputting month and quarter end journals which are complicated and materially significant for the financial statements.
- Prepare/review monthly/quarterly management accounts and the relevant spread sheets (e.g. loan interest calculation, revenue calculation, hedge accounting) within limited time frame.
- Prepare consolidation financial statements.
- Prepare annual statutory accounts and regulatory accounts.
- Report various compliance documents required under the OFTO regime.
- Liaise, plan and prepare for annual audit, including preparation of draft financial statements and assisting auditors for completion of audit process.
- Update and provide operational model to investors.
- Report budget to investor.
- Prepare/report compliance documents to lenders of project finance.
- Liaise with HMRC, tax advisors and subsidiaries, plan and prepare for UK corporation tax return, corporation tax payments, transfer pricing documentations and SAO documentations.
- Prepare/ review payment instructions to banks.
- Administrate and manage SAGE 200 and consolidation software, with support from IT department.
- Understand the companies internal control requirements, maintain internal control documents and manage accounting wok in accordance with them.
- Deal with ad-hoc issues and projects as they may arise.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Demonstrable experience of SPV management in infrastructure projects (e.g. PFI /PPP).
- Strong accounting knowledge and knowledge/practical experience of UK/IFRS accounting and UK corporation tax.
- Advanced level Excel skills, intermediate level for Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Experience of reporting management accounts at Board level.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills in English language.
- Proven excellence in interpersonal skills and team working.
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with tight and fixed reporting deadlines.
- Ability to multi task whilst being able to prioritise.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- ACCA or ACA qualified.
- Knowledge of SAGE200 accounting system.
- Knowledge of consolidation accounting system.
- Working knowledge of international accounting rules.
- Good understanding of general internal control.
- Comfortable working independently and as part of the wider team as and when required.
- This is a multicultural, multi- disciplined team of professionals, thus an ability to articulate divergent views clearly and concisely is highly desirable.
- The ability to grow with the accounting technical elements of the role.
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/960716811