Ignata Finance are recruiting a Group Accountant for this FTSE 250 company in Crawley, West Sussex. This would suit a newly/recently qualified accountant moving from practice into industry.
Working for the Group Financial Reporting Manager within a small head office finance team this role will provide support to the Chief Accountant and CFO.
- Review, consolidate and manage monthly data submissions from business units;
- Assist in the preparation of internal management reports (including monthly Board Report and working capital monitoring);
- Consolidation adjustments and intra group eliminations;
- Provide accounting support to business units;
- Financial modelling and analysis;
- Support corporate finance activity including acquisitions and divestments;
- Assume responsibility for Group financial statement reporting areas i.e. share-based payment, goodwill impairment testing;
- Assist with the preparation of the Annual Report and Accounts and the Interim Report;
- PLC accounts and UK subsidiary statutory accounts;
- Assist in maintaining the financial control environment;
- Some treasury exposure;
- Specific ad hoc projects as directed.
Qualifications and relevant experience:
- A qualified accountant;
- Able to demonstrate a high level of competency in spreadsheet skills and in analysing and preparing data and reports for senior management;
- Financial accounting experience;
- Knowledge of IFRS and new UK GAAP.
- A calm, confident, approachable personality with a good sense of humour;
- Comfortable dealing with employees at a senior level;
- Good communicator;
- Accurate, reliable and conscientious;
- Able to take projects forward on own initiative;
- Flexible and adaptable in a small team environment;
- Able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines;
- Good eye for detail;
- Willing to go the extra mile when required.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83251353