Mechanical Design Engineer (Electro- Mechanical)
Mechanical Design Engineer- (Electro- Mechanical)
Location: West Yorkshire
£35,000- £42,500 + Benefits + Flexi Working
I am seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join a successful engineering business that develop advanced electronic products. They have built a solid reputation supplying globally to some of the biggest names in their given industry.
Working within a multi-discipline R&D team you will be responsible for providing functional leadership across the company's mechanical design activities. Innovation and R&D are at the heart of this business so you will focus on NPD and be involved in every aspect of development from conceptualisation through to manufacturing handover.
- Provide Functional Leadership across the Company's mechanical design activities
- Co-ordinate and plan Mechanical Design activities alongside the electronics, software, hardware, integration and test teams
- Develop design concepts using 2D drawings, 3D models and prototypes
- Lead the mechanical aspects of full lifecycle design and development projects
- Contribute to product quality and testing challenges
- Produce engineering drawings, specifications, BOM structures, part lists and costings
- Test designs physically and by the use of CAD modelling
- Manage relationships with suppliers and manufacturing teams
- Process Sales Design Requests and Design Change Requests
- Provide drawings and documentation to support sales quotations, project engineers and production teams
- Development support for Production teams, technical support for quality issues
Key Skills and Background Required:
- A high profile Mechanical Engineer with at least 5 years experience and a good track record developing electro- mechanical products
- Proficient user of 3D CAD for the creation of detailed designs and manufacturing drawings (Solidworks/ Inventor)
- Experience packaging electronic components and assemblies
- Understanding of design for EMC, thermal management, ingress protection, heat transfer, ventilation
- Good working knowledge of limits, fits and tolerance standards for production control
- Sound experience to model fully constrained CAD geometry
- Strong working knowledge of DFM, validation and production processes for low volume electro-mech products.
- Proven ability of quantitative mechanical tolerance analysis, with experience of FMEA and design risks
- Experience managing relationships with external suppliers and manufacturing partners
- Strong experience and knowledge of sheet metalwork design
- Knowledge of other manufacturing processes i.e. extrusions, machined parts, plastic mouldings
- Experience carrying out product testing
- Experience in managing design changes, drawing revisions, BOM introduction for new products and maintain BOM for existing products
- A Degree or equivalent in Product / Mechanical Design
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a business who are at the forefront of development within their given field and offers the opportunity to work on attractive products with a high degree of mechanical complexity.
How to Apply:-
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided and I will contact you shortly for a confidential discussion.
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the technology and manufacturing sectors.
Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across the following engineering and commercial disciplines; mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, controls & instrumentation, embedded software & electronics, quality & manufacturing, product design and project, programme & operations management.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83254082