Serious Injury Legal Secretary
Legal Secretary - Serious Injury
Douglas Scott are excited to be partnering with one of the North Wests top Serious Injury firms who specilaise in high value Clinical Negligence cases. My client are keen in appointing a Legal PA/Secretary to join their team in Manchester.
This role will be required to get involved with not only secretarial duties but some of which a paralegal would undertake so this is a brilliant position for a PA/Legal Secretary looking for a role with more responsibility and challenge.
This role will be supporting a Partner who has a case load of serious clinical negligence cases involving cerebral palsy, brain injury, spinal injury and amputation, as the supporting PA you would be expected to provide day-to-day secretarial and administrative support and to be part of the Clinical Negligence team.
As such your role may occasionally include helping others to complete their duties. This role is a demanding yet exciting one which requires enthusiasm, eagerness, organisation, attention to detail and a determination to get the job done in an accurate and timley manner!
* Providing day-to-day secretarial and administrative support to a Partner to include: typing file notes, letters, court documents, reports, statements and instructions; copying, filing and organising client files; document management of litigation and case management files; and utilising the firm's equipment as appropriate.
* Managing the diary and emails and maintaining a reminder system for key dates.
* Dealing with clients, their families, other legal professionals and medical experts on the telephone and, where necessary, in person in the absence of or at the request of your line manager; Taking concise and accurate messages, relaying these in a timely manner and recording them in file notes.
* Paying invoices for litigation disbursements and invoices from interim payments for case management, equipment and therapies, and maintaining records of payments.
* Ensuring client files are maintained in compliance with the firm's office manual procedures, that all filing is carried out promptly and efficiently and that files are suitably organised, neat and tidy.
* Assisting with the administration of any other associated charitable or professional commitments
* Assisting in answering the telephones for the firm as and when required.
* Willing to undertake additional training in all aspects of the firm's work as and when required.
* Willing to carry out any other reasonable management requests to facilitate the smooth running and development of the firm.
* To observe and adhere to all the firm's established policies and procedures, as amended from time to time, paying particular regard to the Health and Safety Policy and the Equal Opportunities Policy.
How do you get an interview? To be conisdered for this role it is important that you possess excellent secretarial, document management, time management and prioritising skills and to be able to organise a demanding caseload.
You must have 2 years + experience as a Legal Secretary/ PA or Assistant and have a great work ethic!
My client offer a fringe of benefits and a lovely working environment where you will be provided with endless support.
This is a really amazing opportunity based in Manchester City Centre, so if you feel this is the right role for you apply now and send me your CV!
Please contact Lilly Tomlinson, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.