Functional Test Manager
Functional Test Manager – SAP Programme
Do you want to be part of a large scale transformation programme and make a difference in one of the largest retail brands in the UK? Do you have a Functional Test Management background with experience of working within a SAP, ERP or large programme environment?
This is an exciting time at George, part of Asda. You will be working on a large scale business transformation programme, playing a vital part in the delivery of the largest SAP implementation currently in Europe, delivery all of the latest SAP systems. This is a programme that will help shape current and future omni-channel retailing within the George business.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Functional Test Manager to work alongside appropriate partners, ensuring that all required test activities are completed to time, cost and quality to ensure the expected business value can be achieved. You’ll be part of the team based at George House in Lutterworth (Leicestershire).
Whilst this is a 2 year fixed term contract, our Technology team is expanding every year and you could be presented with a number of opportunities along the way.
Your main responsibilities as a Functional Test Manager will involve:
- Day-to-day interfacing with onsite 3rd party testing resource and monitoring the effectiveness of both on and off-shore resource, ensuring quality assurance of 3rd party deliverables.
- Ensuring a cohesive co-ordinated approach to the delivery of the new business suite testing in the first instance. Understanding the challenges of the end to end delivery strategy.
- Definition of the programme wide release 2 approach and the quality assurance of this.
- Defining the functional testing remit for a greenfield programme.
- Taking the lead on developing an appropriate functional testing approach and ensure that all necessary resource required are acquired through use of internal and partner resource.
- Involved in setting up and defining an automation testing strategy.
- Ensure costs for external testing resource engaged on Asda/Walmart initiatives do not exceed pre-agreed budgets.
Key skills and qualifications required in this role:
- Experience of testing within a large programme or retail environment.
- Test management of large scale business wide enterprise programmes.
- Experience in the management of virtual teams and 3rd parties
- Embedding of an automation test strategy
- Working within Agile ways of working and methodology
- Experience in the test SAP based products or other ERP or CRM products would be desirable
- ISTQB qualified (ideally to Test Manager level)
- Knowledge of non-functional and impact test would be desirable
What we’re looking for in you:
We’re looking for candidates who have the ability to manage and communicate across a large stakeholder community within a diverse culture. You must be somebody who can be adaptable in their ways of working and communication styles.
What we can offer:
You’ll be working in a relaxed fun environment with a great company culture that takes pride in its strong commitment to personal development and training. Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a car allowance, bonus scheme, fantastic colleague discounts off shopping with Asda, competitive pension scheme.
You can build a career at George. George is a global brand with ranges sold in seven different countries, in over 3000 stores including stores in the UK, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Japan and the US.
About the Business Unit
Our Home Office is located at George House in Lutterworth, 30 minutes from Leicester City, in the East Midlands. Purpose built and open-plan, it includes concept areas for product development, a large 'mock' shop area for whole range planning, a fantastic colleague cafe and even a tuck shop! It's a superb environment that helps to foster the creativity and innovation we need to develop fantastic products, support all our stores and depots and deliver to the most important people of all - our customers. It's a fast-paced, fun place that's filled with colleagues united by one common goal - to deliver great products at unbeatable quality and value to the millions of customers who shop at George every week.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/83178983