Group Risk Manager
Fantastic opportunity for someone to join this growing business as a Group Risk Manager.
Expanding Midlands business.
The Group Risk Manager is responsible for creating the capability for the Group of Companies to actively record, report and manage the critical risks that the business is exposed to, with an enhanced focus on Commodity risks, through the development and adoption of a Group Wide Risk Management framework.
To do this the Group Risk Manager will work with the Group CFO and Group Head of Audit to develop and implement an overall risk management process, together with a framework for governance, control and oversight of the Trading process, utilising appropriate policies and guidelines. The Group Risk Manager will play a key role by providing a major element of the 2nd line of defence in the Governance of the major risks within the Group of Companies.
The Group Risk Manager will prepare a monthly report for the Group executive outlining the major risks faced by the group, their quantification and detailing the risk mitigation strategies in place. Furthermore the Group Risk Manager will act as the secretary and co-ordinator of the Risk Management Committee implemented in respect of the Hedging and Trading Strategy.
The Group Risk Manager will be responsible for verifying the key Commodity related data for use across the business in pricing, business planning and other forecasting activity.
The Group Risk Manager will review the risk assessment coverage to ensure that all material areas are covered and will review the adequacy of Controls and Mitigations.
The Group Risk Manager will work closely with the Finance, Compliance, Audit and Regulation teams to seek to ensure that all risks are achieving an appropriate level of recognition and management attention.
Essential Functional Skills/Experience
- Strong knowledge of business operations in a heavily regulated, technology driven industry, ideally with experience in the Energy Retail, Commodity or Financial Services sectors, obtained through work experience with a focus on commodity, credit financial risk, and regulatory requirements.
- Experience of relevant working in an organisation undertaking Hedging and Trading activities.
- Experience of working in a highly visible, delivery-focused and fast paced environment, ideally with an entrepreneurial background.
- Experience of implementing and maintaining ETRM solutions.
- Well-developed analytical skills, together with process design and analysis capability.
- Ability to identify the root cause of risks and issues and to understand the possible strategic implications
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation, with a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Recognised Finance (eg CIMA, ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS), Risk Management (eg CMIRM, SIRM)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a range of external and internal stakeholders
- Excellent Leadership and Management skills, together with excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail but able to quickly grasp the big picture
- Be adaptable and able to meet deadlines on assignments, juggling multiple demands, handling multiple complex topics and able to work with all types of individuals up to and including senior board members.
- Highly organised, with the ability to run a large agenda across a broad range of activity
- Resilient and able to hold personal independence and opinion
- Maintains a professional disposition, coupled with the ability to positively influence key stakeholders
- Has the ability to act as a Team Player - Collaborate with, and supporting colleagues across the wider organization, while still being able to work independently when required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, as well as with Enterprise Risk Management and Data Analysis software.
Excellent package on offer.