Technical service Delivery Manager
Technical Service Delivery Manager
This exciting leadership role forms part of a newly created Technical management team and reports directly to the Technical Director.
You will work closely with the Technical Director to formulate and execute a strategic plan for your Technical teams.
An essential part of the role is to lead, manage and develop your team's capability. You will need to ensure that effective performance and career conversations are taking place aligned to our Growing Every Day principles.
You will have overall accountability for the resourcing and delivery of your team across multi sites
(Both onshore and offshore) ensuring that the quality of the deliverables is within agreed timescales and budget.
The role holder will own and be responsible for delivery of the Continuous Improvement Plan and will foster an environment in which ideas and innovation are encouraged.
About our client
Our client is continuously evolving and Group Information Technology is embarking on an exciting and truly global IT Transformation programme to support their business ambitions. They are improving the way they work and serve clients by investing in the efficiency and effectiveness of their people, systems and processes. Our client's objective is to remain agile, drive innovation and improve the value they bring to the business.
Our client is a global IT organisation made up of around 650 colleagues world-wide. A large number of their teams are based in the UK - in their London City head office and further offices in Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol. Other teams are based in key regional hubs in the world's high growth economies, such as Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sidney and Toronto to better meet the needs of local and multi-national clients and trading partners. They procure, develop, run and manage best-in-class IT solutions and services to support the business activities. They place their customers at the heart of all technology they buy or build. They partner with colleagues in the businesses to provide them with the solutions to deliver their industry leading services to their blue-chip clients.
Leading and managing your team
- Career development and line management of your Technical Team Leaders.
- Define and implement an effective competency framework with KPIs and a reporting framework which will measure your team's performance.
- Develop technical capability of teams by identifying any skills gaps, resource requirements and learning opportunities (such as on the job, learning through others and formal training interventions)
Working with the Technical Director to design and implementation a fit for purpose target operating model for Technical, including but not limited to:
- Develop appropriate governance and processes.
- Develop improved & standardised processes, tools and documentation for all Technical deliverables.
- Own and deliver a continuous improvement plan
- Encourage continuous improvement ideas and adopting innovation into ways of working.
- Collaborate with EBIT to identify and deliver cross-departmental improvements for EB.
- Develop and embed a culture of ownership and delivery within your team.
- Manage all project work delivered by your team.
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables meets the required quality criteria and is delivered to time and within budget.
- Ensure customer deliveries are consistent with estimates and plans.
- Deliver implementations in line with the Technology Solutions commercial model including:
- Aligning the personal objectives of the team with the business objectives.
- Establishing an estimating process that consistently delivers within the agreed tolerance.
- Implementing an appropriate change control process that ensures that timescales and effort estimates are met.
- Ensure the team are equipped and motivated to deliver a quality service to the customer.
Governance and control
- Ensure that appropriate MI and controls exist to govern quality and accuracy of deliverables.
- Systems and tools are in place to ensure effective delivery including resourcing, capability and capacity management.
- An effective escalation mechanism is established to identify problems early and take action to turn around failing projects minimising commercial exposure.
- Build and maintain the relationship with the off-shore JLTI team and ensure that there is effective two-way communication, knowledge & skill sharing and reporting.
- Management of 3rd-party supplier relationships.
- Understands the methodologies used in a software development and support environment e.g. agile, Waterfall, ITIL.
- Understands technical coding, architectural and design standards.
- Resource management (allocation, prioritisation, negotiation and reporting) in a matrix management environment.
- Able to contribute to a programme of transformational change.
Our client offers highly attractive reward packages. They are aware of how integral their employees are to their progress, so they ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company, typical benefits can include:
- Employee share schemes
- Flexible Benefit Scheme (called Choices)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Private healthcare scheme
Our client aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.Please be aware that as part of this process, we have taken on board the personal data which you have posted into the recruitment environment in order to be able to see if you are a fit for one of our current or future vacancies. You can rest assured of four key aspects of how we manage personal data
- We will never sell your data to anyone
- We will protect your data and keep it secure at all times
- We will never pass your data to a potential hiring company without your express consent
- We will only use your data to provide you with career opportunities and market intelligence
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83252983