Technical Team Leader
Technical Team Leader
The role is to lead a successful technical team with a focus on quality, adherence to standards, policy and procedures as well as timely delivery of all technical implementations elements. By 'implementation', it is expected that this will include all activities necessary to take new clients from contract through specification, data transition, configuration, implementation and post go live support with an agreed warranty period prior to handover. It will also accommodate change to existing clients within similar boundaries. It will work closely with Delivery to manage the demand and allocation of technical resources required for timely deliveries.
The role includes the team management and development through regular communications and development of our people.
About our client
Our client is continuously evolving and Group Information Technology is embarking on an exciting and truly global IT Transformation programme to support their business ambitions. They are improving the way they work and serve clients by investing in the efficiency and effectiveness of their people, systems and processes. Our client's objective is to remain agile, drive innovation and improve the value they bring to the business.
Our client is a global IT organisation made up of around 650 colleagues world-wide. A large number of their teams are based in the UK - in their London City head office and further offices in Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol. Other teams are based in key regional hubs in the world's high growth economies, such as Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sidney and Toronto to better meet the needs of local and multi-national clients and trading partners. They procure, develop, run and manage best-in-class IT solutions and services to support the business activities. They place their customers at the heart of all technology they buy or build. They partner with colleagues in the businesses to provide them with the solutions to deliver their industry leading services to their blue-chip clients.
- To proactively lead a team of technical experts to effectively implement client work across the portfolio of Employee Benefits businesses.
- To ensure the provision of a flexible technical resource pool that can be deployed to deliver the full range of implementations to the required quality standards.
- To lead, motivate and ensure the development of their technical team through effective management.
- To support the requirements of new business and acquisition for the Employee Benefits businesses.
- To perform a technical role alongside their leadership role this could include estimation of work, solutioning, sales support/technical advice.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others at a senior level, both written and orally
- Articulate presenter, able to present complex technical issues clearly and able to adapt to both high level and general audiences.
- Well motivated self-starter who can demonstrate innovative and creative thinking.
- Ability to lead and direct through excellent team working skills with experience of motivating and developing multi-disciplinary technical teams.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to establishing a successful technical framework
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to prioritise resources and workload to achieve critical deadlines and business priorities.
- Ability to implement corporate policies and procedures, this would include 121's, timely management of WorkLife system and all other systems required to adhere to policy.
- Proven track record of delivery and exceeding business objectives.
- Proven track record of strong work management skills.
- Experience in working with people across multi-sites.
- Skilled in negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Prioritisation and planning skills
- Proven track record of stakeholder management.
Our client offers highly attractive reward packages. They are aware of how integral their employees are to their progress, so they ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company, typical benefits can include:
- Employee share schemes
- Flexible Benefit Scheme (called Choices)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Private healthcare scheme
Our client aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Please be aware that as part of this process, we have taken on board the personal data which you have posted into the recruitment environment in order to be able to see if you are a fit for one of our current or future vacancies. You can rest assured of four key aspects of how we manage personal data
- We will never sell your data to anyone
- We will protect your data and keep it secure at all times
- We will never pass your data to a potential hiring company without your express consent
- We will only use your data to provide you with career opportunities and market intelligence
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83252819