Mechanical Design Engineer
We are searching for a Mechanical Design Engineer for a company in Basingstoke. In this role you will be working in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers developing cutting edge space related equipment.
• A highly motivated self-starter, able to work autonomously, effectively, accurately and efficiently
• Mechanical Engineering qualifications to HNC level or above.
• Experience with 3D parametric CAD systems. Creo is preferred, however other similar packages would be considered transferrable.
• Experience designing machined, cast, pressed, fabricated and composite components
• Ability to generate concise unambiguous drawings and reports.
• Generating and agreeing product concept designs and specifications through to finalised product designs with marketing and engineering.
• From agreed concepts and specifications to produce sound mechanical designs and documentation sufficient to enable full manufacturing documentation to be produced.
• Designing composite mouldings, castings and other mechanical piece parts to meet the product requirements in the most cost-effective way.
• Specify COTS items, perform design reviews
• Checking engineering drawings produced by Design Services staff.
• Action development and production change notes as required.
• Managing the Design database and archive
• Liaising with production and procurement
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will receive a salary of £25,000 - £35,000 per annum depending on experience.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Mechanical Design Engineer, Manufacturer, Operative, CAD,
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83251759