Ruby Software Engineer / Developer
Ruby Software Engineer / Developer - Salary to match your skills and experience
Do you have strong developer experience of Ruby on Rails?
Are you passionate about technology and have a love of learning?
Do you have experience of working in an Agile environment
My client is looking for a full time Ruby Software Engineer / Developer to start as soon as possible!
Brook Street is pleased to be working with a leading technology firm based in the Portsmoutharea who boast an enviable list of large corporations. My client boast enviable offices with excellent facilities including relaxing breakout areas, a games room, fitness suite, gardens and free on-site employee parking. You will join a positive and friendly team where you will be given a real opportunity for career progression.
You will be working with highly skilled development and related teams to develop new and existing products for the photo industry using Rails, Ruby and other cutting edge web technologies.
You will also be providing technical guidance to support client conversations - including the world's largest retailer! Key to your role will be supporting our client's drive for product & technological excellence - delivering great code and helping our client refine best of breed agile delivery processes.
Who's right for the job?
You will be an experienced Software Developer / Engineer with a number of years under your belt using Ruby on Rails. You will have experience working in an Agile environment, you will be passionate about cutting edge technologies, and you will love learning new things!
Skills crucial to success in this role:
- Fluent in Ruby and its associated frameworks, ideally with commercial Rails experience
- Passionate about cutting edge web technologies and love to learn (these are fundamental values of our client!)
- Experienced at building quality, robust products for technologies across the stack
- Adept at creating reliable, well-tested systems, with excellent UI design
- Passionate about code quality and supporting processes
What's in it for you?
In return for your hard work our client offers a competitive salary which matches your skills and experience. In addition you will receive:
- 28 days paid holiday (including Bank Holidays) rising by a day each year to 31 days after 3 years service
- A bonus scheme to reward your contribution to the company's success, paid at Christmas
- 4% contributions towards the NEST pension scheme
- Membership of a Health and Wellbeing support scheme (& Medical Insurance for senior employees)
- Childcare Vouchers and membership of a Ride2Work scheme (discounted bicycles)
- A healthy social calendar!
- Learning and development opportunities, both internally and externally
Let's get started!
This role is available for a start as soon as possible and interviews will be arranged as soon as possible.
If you are interested in the role and looking for work it would speed up your application process if you completed an online registration with Brook Street as soon as possible via the following link: https://www.brookstreet.co.uk/account/registration.aspx. This registration will need to be completed to progress your application for this role or any future roles you apply for.
For more information or a detailed job specification including responsibilities, please contact Ben at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or send your CV to Portsmouth.branch (at) brookstreet.co.uk.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83252935