UK Trade and Compliance Manager
Full time/ Permanent
Location: Melksham, Wiltshire
Salary: £38,000 - £52,500
Purpose of position:
Our client requires an experienced Trade Compliance Manager to ensure all UK locations are fully compliant with applicable import and export laws of the countries where we do business. The UK Trade Compliance Specialist shall Embed a compliant mentality in all we do, educating and supporting business stakeholders.
In preparation of Brexit, our client is looking to ensure the company is fully compliant with all import, export and trade regulations.
- Identify opportunities where compliance may derive and financial or competitive advantage.
- Promote and embed a trade compliant mentality across the organisation.
- Reduce risk.
- Build relationship with HMRC becoming the company’s main contact point.
- Support management team.
- Support company Tax Accountant in dealings with HMRC (VAT, EU trade et al).
- Be a central point for all trade and compliance issues.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a multi-site international manufacturing environment.
Professional experience and / or qualifications:
- Outstanding mediating, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Excellent Time Management Skills.
- Background in International Transportation/Logistics/Customs Compliance/import/export regulations.
- European/UK Customs certification.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to train, develop, and motivate.
- Sales, Procurement and or commercial experience desirable. Engineering background desirable
- Demonstrable track record of having improved the reporting environment and contributed to performance improvement.
- Prepared to challenge and equally prepared to be challenged.
- ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Able to articulate process flows, and also identify business system improvements.
Additional skills & requirements
- Computer literate. Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills.
- Experience using SAP highly advantageous.
Indicative main responsibilities/duties
- Lead the implementation of the new AEO-C program.
- Design, implement and manage a robust customs program for the comany ensuring full compliance in all markets we have a presence.
- Full involvement in VAT and EU trade topics (including Interstat).
- Implement process to manage the Material Tariff Codes and Country of Origin piece.
- Assess risk and implement policies relating to dual use goods.
- Sales support at opportunity tender phase (particularly in terms of End User Agreements, Restricted Party Screening).
- Design, implement and manage a training for employees to ensure compliance is maintained and any legislative changes are communicated.
- Design, implement and manage an effective “Dual Use” policy ensuring licences are in place where needed.
- Become Key user for SAP GTS module working with local and the company group IT to maximise system benefits.
- Prioritise resolution of risks and opportunities to minimise risk.
The C&D Group are acting as an employment agency in regards to this role
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83252134