Head of Business Development
6 days left
- Full Time
Would you like to work for a forward-thinking, people-centered organization, passionate about making a difference to communities across the north of England?
Head of Business Development
Based: Flexible across the North West & Yorkshire
Salary: c£50K (dep on exp) + Benefits including 33 days’ holidays, pension, paid volunteer day, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme & ongoing training / development opportunities + expenses
Our Client is a pioneering community healthcare organization supporting people in transforming their lifestyles through innovative wellbeing programmes. They’ve been working since 2009 on behalf of councils and CCGs to create 'a better life’ for their residents and patients, and their expertise spans everything from weight management and smoking cessation to counselling in schools. With a modern, newly-extended headquarters in Bolton, they operate from bases stretching across Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Merseyside, West Yorkshire and Humberside.
Our Client has grown substantially over the past year, and have expanded their business in both the healthcare and commercial OHS sectors. To continue this growth, they are now seeking an individual to be a key contributor in growing the business in these sectors through successful business development opportunities. Collaborative / Partnership working is becoming increasingly important in the healthcare landscape, therefore development of these relationships, both internally and externally, will also be a key part of the role.
Reporting to the Chief Executive you will manage and strategically lead the business development team to ensure sustainable business retention and develop new business opportunities to achieve significant business growth. You will also ensure the Chief Executive and Business Development Team are fully appraised of new guidance, national and local strategic intent and market landscape which may impact on the company.
Duties and responsibilities include:-
- To develop, lead and implement a new business development strategy to ensure the business remains innovative and successful in a competitive market
- To provide dynamic leadership to the business development team
- To create sound and sustainable financial models for all tenders
- To be responsible for final approval of all tenders / grant applications and soft market testing responses
- Overseeing and co-ordinating key internal departments, ensuring a collaborative approach
- Acting as a credible representative for the business at conferences, networking and healthcare events
- Overseeing the Business Development budget, in conjunction with the Business Development Manager
- Ability to identify valuable emerging markets and adapt to the constant shift in the healthcare environment.
It is envisaged that suitable applicants will possess the following qualifications and experience:-
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject area, or possess demonstrable experience in lieu, with evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Demonstrable experience of working as a senior professional with extensive experience of high level leadership and management
- Extensive business development experience with a background across health sector and commercial landscapes
- Proven track record of creating and maintaining successful business development opportunities and partnerships
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent influencing skills to achieve results
- Well-developed organisational skills with a proven ability to work under pressure and achieve deadlines
- Problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Demonstrates both professional and personal credibility
- Ability to travel independently across the footprint of the organisational footprint, able to work flexibly and adapt to suit service needs.
Hours of work for this role are 40 per week Monday to Friday, core hours being 9am - 5.30pm, however some flexibility on this is available and expected in return. The role is flexible to be based at several of our Client’s locations, but you will be required to travel to head office in Bolton and across the organisational footprint for full performance of your duties. Please note that this role will also be subject to a standard DBS check.
Interested? Please send your CV using the link provided. Candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted in confidence for further discussion.
Closing date Fri 12/5/17