Senior Certification Engineer
The ideal Certification Engineer will have the following duties and responsibility;
- Gain certification for products to be used in hazardous areas.
- Undertake equipment inspections to establish compliance with certification requirements. This could include travel to clients' UK & overseas sites.
- Undertake testing of products for the purpose of certification.
- Interpret written standards and build technical reports in support of certification.
- Ensure that all work is structured and recorded, and comply with requirements of ISO9001, IECEx and ATEX
* Assess the design of, and examine and test prototype equipment in accordance with requirements in published Standards and relevant procedure documents.
* Prepare assessment, certification, examination or test reports in accordance with the relevant procedure documents.
* Assess any drawing, photographic and/or descriptive documentation required to completely specify the equipment for compliance with the relevant Standards.
* Prepare Certificates to describe in sufficient detail the equipment being certified, together with any acceptable variations in the design, including reference to any assessed documentation.
* Communicate with and, when necessary, have face to face discussions with manufacturers or their agents.
* Estimate the cost of carrying out an assessment, testing and/or certification exercise.
* Specify the sample equipment, together with any special requirements necessary to enable the complete assessment, testing and/or certification exercise to be carried out.
* Checking and countersigning the work of others in specific areas of work.
The successful Certification Engineer will be working for an employer who will;
- Offer an open corporate and international culture, and a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company. We offer a competitive base salary, plus a performance based bonus scheme. We also offer an excellent benefits package including a minimum of 23 days' holiday (increasing with service), childcare vouchers, discount schemes, private health cover, and a contributory stakeholder pension scheme.
As the successful Senior Certification Engineer you are likely to have significant experience in the following;
- * Experience within an engineering environment of drawing office practice, factory production and quality control methods or systems.
* A personal record of experience and competence is maintained and updated regularly to show progression.
* Experience in the application of Ex standards and the relevant testing protocols, and in applying professional judgement on compliance and the significance of non-compliance.
* Clear written English applied in the drafting of reports and certificates.
* Personal time management to enable the handling of multiple projects for multiple customers simultaneously to achieve delivery within time and cost constraints.
* Sufficient knowledge of the relevant Ex standards to be able to work independently in the testing and certification of Ex equipment, but knowing when to consult colleagues on matters of doubt and policy.
* Technical qualification gained through higher education in an engineering subject
About Precision Recruitment
This Senior Certification Engineer role is posted by Precision Recruitment, specialists in Engineering, Technical, Consultancy Recruitment. Operating in our tenth year, we have placed hundreds of Engineering Consultants in fantastic new roles.
We have many engineering roles around the East Midlands including Leicester, Coventry, Derby, Nottingham, Coalville and Northampton so get in touch today.
Interested? To apply for the Project Safety Engineer Position, here are your three options:
- "This is the job for me! When can I start?" - Call now and let's talk through your experience. Ask for Reena Tailor on 0116 254 5411 between 8am - 5pm "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to be get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know"I'm interested but need to know more about what this job can offer me" - email with your CV and questions and I will reply with more detail.
Precision are committed to keeping our candidates informed and offer a guaranteed response within 7 days when applying through the application system
Ref: Senior Certification Engineer
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83156376