As a result of continued success and growth, my client is looking for a well-rounded professional for the role of Group Accountant. The ideal candidate will provide leadership and coordination of company financial planning, accounting and budget management functions
Responsibilities will include:
* Preparing financial statements, monthly reporting and annual statutory accounts for all affiliates
* Reporting business taxes; VAT return, Corporation Tax, annual reports to company house
* Management of external and internal auditor processes
* Producing reports for budget and forecast statement of profit and loss in monthly and regular basis
* Reviewing daily cash flow and weekly cash flow forecast
* Ensure company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
* Ensure compliance with local, multiple countries' tax reporting requirements.
* Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
* Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
* Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Serve as primary liaison relative to company financial issues.
* Manage financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
Requirements will include:
* 3+ years as Group Accountant
* 5 to 12 years of working experience within finance
* Bachelor's degree in business, finance or accounting with a strong academics background
* Experience with a track record of driving positive results in hands-on environments
* Experience managing relationships with external auditors
* Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
* Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
* Work requires excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several projects
* Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
* Must be an expert in Microsoft Excel
Candidates Attributes need to include:
* Ability to handle a sophisticated line of questioning with a well reasoned point of view
* Diplomatically handles conflict and encourages constructive confrontation and feedback
* Detail oriented and fact based communicator
* Resilient and agile leader in an environment of rapid growth and execution, tight deadlines and highly analytical and diverse management team.
* Exceptionally strong judgment, integrity and social awareness of different cultures and languages
* Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to explain complex financial issues or concepts to non-financial audience.
* Team player
This role is to be based in Southwark, London with occassional travel to Basingstoke.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83168876