Head of Software Engineering - London
Our client's systems process over a quarter million incoming data web requests, half million outgoing web requests every second, 24 Terabytes of input data per day.
Your primary responsibility will be to help grow an organisation to 10+ talented engineers in our London office who are each looking to grow their skills and make meaningful contributions to the success of the team.
Our client is the leader in their field, helping the world's largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. They thrive on mind-bending technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth.
There is so much more that they want to build and that could continue to improve. They value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
- Be the leader of our new engineering team in the London office
- Recruit and lead a growing team of 10+ engineers of all seniority levels. We value our people and want to give them every opportunity to grow meaningfully
- Empower the organisation to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability and simplicity
- Facilitate interaction between the Integrations group and other teams within the company, in the UK as well as in the US
- Offer strategic insights across office locations to empower best practices both technically and professionally
- Partner closely with our UK product teams to give direction and scope within product as to what the system should and shouldn't support.
- Foster an environment of integrity, empowerment, initiative and teamwork
- Be a coach to the engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- You love coaching people and developing an effective organisation as much as you love mind-bending technical challenges
- You're an experienced leader who has mentored other engineers
- You're comfortable with rapid iteration while keeping long term goals in mind
- You've successfully recruited great people to your teams
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility. Our UK office is a small team where you'll be able to drive culture and best practices. You have a certain type of scrappiness about you
- You are excited about collaborating with teammates across different business units
It would be advantageous if you have:-
- Experience managing teams operating large-scale distributed systems, particularly for low-latency high-throughput functionality
- Start-up roots (or the mentality of building something from the ground up)
- Excellent salary to £110K
- Starting stock options worth £75K plus yearly grants on top
- Strong social committee - events, free lunches, etc.
- 25 days for holiday
- Private medical
- Life insurance
- Matched pension to 10%
- Bike to work scheme
- Location. Work in the heart of central London - one of the best cities in the world, and take advantage of a season ticket loan.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83165923