Domestic Appliance Engineer
Due to continued growth our client has some opportunities for Domestic Appliance Engineers to join their team and cover the Croydon area.
As a Domestic Appliance Engineer your primary responsibility will be to repair, install and service domestic appliances e.g. washing machines, dishwashers, refrigerators, cookers, tumble driers and gas fires.
As a Domestic Appliance Engineer, your role will involve:
- Download and print service call jobs for the day, this will include customer contact details, product details and fault description
- Organise the days schedule in line with timing constraints and geographical area
- Drive from call to call
- Communicate with customers and call centre
- Repair, install and service appliances
- Onsite safety checks
- Process and order parts on line if the item of stock is not carried in the van
- Make arrangements with the customer for a return visit
The successful applicant will need to have the following qualities/skills:
- You will need to hold a valid driver's licence
- Good geographical knowledge of the Croydon area
- Able to engage well with customers and provide first class service
- Communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Quick learner and able to process new information
- Motivated, dedicated and hard working
- Computer literate
- Physically fit as the role involves varying degrees of bending, squatting, lifting, stretching and reaching.
No experience is required as full training will be given. However, if you have electrical and/or mechanical skills or have a gas certificate this would be advantage. Also, someone who has worked as a multi drop driver or in a customer facing role.
This is a home-based role and you will be supplied with a company van, tools, laptop, self-storage unit to store tools, uniform and mobile phone.
Hours: Monday-Friday 39 hours per week, start time from 7.15am
Salary: £24,500 increasing to £26,500 after successfully completing training and able to work independently. Higher salary for successful applicants who have a gas certificate.
Interested in this role based in the Croydon area? Please email your CV or contact me on 07483 340870.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83163057