5 month contract
PHP Developer with strong Laravel or Zend experience is required by large scale publishing client based in Cardiff.
Seeking a Software Engineer with a strong background in PHP to join one of our clients Cardiff based development teams. Our clients teams are agile, supporting multiple products with a challenging and exciting roadmap and opportunity to contribute significantly to the success of the organisation. In this role, the candidate will have the opportunity to get involved in developing existing (financial and compliance) products, creating and adding new features. You will gain exposure to Zend 3 and Zend Expressive, as well as exposure to Big Data (HPCC).
Key Responsibilities/duties -
· To provide all round solution design, development and diagnostic services using modern PHP frameworks and technologies for our web applications, web service solutions and batch processing services
· To provide technical leadership to our cross-functional agile product development teams
· Work closely with product and project management to deliver timely products and enhancements
Key skills required
· Extensive PHP development skills using modern PHP frameworks, grounded in PHP-FIG PSRs
· Working experience in Kanban or scrum
· Good understanding of modern development Build, Test and Deployment pipelines
· A strong understanding of SOA and API concepts, including security
Desirable/ Beneficial skills
* Laravel or Zend experience
* Experience of querying distributed data platforms and data warehouses
* Experience of TDD for contributing to automated test packs
* Active participation in the development community
* Experience of MV* front-end frameworks
* Practical experience of message queuing systems
Immediate Telephone interview available via Square One Resources.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to years of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally: Please see our website for our full diversity statement.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83168099