Design Engineer - HVAC
Design Engineer - Automotive HVAC Packaging - Malmesbury - Great salary and Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer to join this well-known UK manufacturer as it makes its first step into the Automotive industry by developing a battery electric vehicle. This role relates specifically to vehicle HVAC packaging & development of the next generation of heating / cooling strategies.
You will be joining a growing team of Design Engineers, bringing with you your experience of innovation to integrating mechanical, aerodynamic and electromagnetic concepts.
You will deliver design solutions that:
- Stretch the boundaries of speed, power/torque density and efficiency in electric motor systems
- Demonstrate a complete system approach to product layout
- Meet target specifications such as cost, size, weight and efficiency
- Are reliable and fit for purpose to satisfy life requirements
- Are innovative / novel with high value IP
- Be responsible for delivering parts, assemblies and systems from concept to proof of principle
- Develop 3D CAD, engineering drawings and tolerance stacks for mechanical and electrical components and assemblies along with test rigs and assembly jigs
To be successful in this Design Engineer job you will need the following education and experience:
- A Degree in Mechanical or similar engineering subject
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience gained in the automotive, aerospace or other transport related industry
- Ability to use 3D CAD software packages
- Strong hands-on ethos with workshop experience
- Enthusiasm for design, build, test iterative design process
- A creative and agile mind and a desire to develop your design and development skills in a fast-paced environment
In return the successful Design Engineer can expect a very competitive salary, bonus and benefits package as well as rapid professional growth and leadership development.
Suitably qualified and experienced Design Engineers should apply today by calling Ray Greenman on +44 (0) 1384 397 555 or by email
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83164805