Payroll and Sales Ledger Supervisor
We like to think of this department of detail-oriented people as Neptune's financial guardians. They're responsible for all money coming in and going out of the business, and for keeping an eye on how we're doing commercially. They keep us on our financial feet in ways big and small, be this by paying invoices, balancing the books or helping us to launch new retail stores and franchise partnerships.
Our finance team are always checking, discussing and reasoning, but they certainly don't conform to stereotypes, and are a lively, vocal group.
To support both our existing and new business ventures, we are seeking a Group Payroll and Sales Ledger Supervisor who will act as the main point of expertise. Building strong working relationships will come naturally to you which is important, as so many people will rely on your knowledge and guidance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing, overseeing and reviewing the payroll for approximately 420 colleagues in 3 companies
- Ensuring the sales ledger is effective and accurate; to include sales invoices, credit notes, setting up direct debits for new suppliers and arranging payment of outstanding invoices
- Assisting in the preparation of data for tax year end returns
- Acting as the point of contact for all group employees wishing to discuss their pay calculations
- Monitoring the group time and attendance system
- Liaising with the group HR team and company Managers to collate relevant payroll information
- Supervising the Group Finance Assistant
You'll have an excellent understanding of the principles of PAYE and a strong understanding of double entry bookkeeping. You'll be a naturally confident communicator and we'd love it if you have strong mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills. If you want to be part of an evolving and expanding business and have a keen eye for detail, exceptional knowledge of Excel and a solid understanding of preparing and generating payroll, why not get in touch with us now.
We offer a competitive salary along with a pension, super company discounts, cycle to work scheme, free gym membership and 25 days' holiday. If you'd like to know more please send your CV, covering letter and salary expectations.
We're fortunate to receive hundreds and hundreds of applications every week. You'll never receive an automated email from us - it's something that we find too impersonal - and while we try to respond to every email, the sheer volume sometimes makes that difficult. So, if you don't hear from us within 14 days, this means your application hasn't been successful but we thank you very much for your interest in our business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83167291