Interim Assistant Financial Controller Retail
Marks Sattin are delighted to be working exclusively with one if Yorkshires most iconic and well-known brands in the heart of Leeds City Centre. We are currently looking for Assistant Financial Controller on a 12 month basis as a period of cover due to an internal secondment. This is a very exciting time to be joining a business that has recently changed ownership and as a result has a clear and exciting vision to grow the business both in the UK and nationally.
This role will report into the current Group FC and is focused on the UK accounting and controlling including statutory and formal reporting as well as transactional processes and some compliance items for the UK (including Accounts payable, banking and treasury). Responsibilities are not exclusive to but will include the below:-
- Manage the day to day accounting of the UK trading business - including the oversight of the financial elements of the ERP system and inputs
- Monitor compliance of the Group accounting policy and process bible
- Management and execution of the UK VAT returns
- Support a timely and accurate completion of the UK monthly close process.
- Execution of the period end UK adjustments and preparation of the trading company management accounts (including balance sheet and cash flow reporting)
- Significant involvement in the formal Group audit process, including drafting the UK statutory accounts and preparing audit papers and schedules
The successful candidate will be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and ideally have experience working in the Retail sector and have extensive financial reporting experience including transactional and cash management accounting. It is imperative that you have previous team management skills and available to start within four weeks' time.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83159631