Science Teacher - West Coast of Cumbria - October 2018
- Full Time
A 'Good' school on the West Coast of Cumbria are seeking a Science teacher from October 2018 till July 2019 to teach Physics up to KS4.
Are you an experienced Science teaching looking to take on a new challenge?
Or are you a newly qualified Science teacher looking to kick start your career in an excellent School?
- Science Teacher
- Physics department
- October 2018 - July 2019
- Maternity Cover
- KS3 - KS4
- NQT or experienced teacher
- West Coast of Cumbria
- £90 - £165 dependent on experience
This 'Good' School are seeking an enthusiastic Science Teacher to join a committed Science Department. The School caters for 11 - 18 year olds and prepare them life within the wider community. The School has a supportive SLT with an open door policy and team planning in all departments.
The School want to create opportunities within and beyond the Science curriculum that will enable all students to develop into the best they can be and become confident, independent and successful adults. The school have high expectations of academic success and personal behaviour and believe that these are best achieved in a caring environment where pupils are able to be creative with their learning.
The appointed Science Teacher should be:
- An outstanding teacher with a proven track record of success.
- Excellent knowledge of the Current Science curriculum
- Able to teach Physics to KS4
- Ambitious and an aspirational leader with the determination to make a significant impact in the school.
- Someone with a clear vision in how to develop students within Science and improve achievement.
- A teacher with recent and sustained success within your current post
- Creative in problem solving together with willingness to take on and try new approaches and ideas
- Have the ability to relate to students in a pleasant and sympathetic manner and to recognise potential child safeguarding issues
- Willing to participate in extra-curricular activities and whole school activities
If you are interested in this post please apply with an up to date CV.
If you would like any more information, call Amy at Veritas on 01772 846610.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83164232