Systems and Network Engineer
SYSTEMS AND NETWORK ENGINEER
When it comes to IT, Toolstation is unique. All software that runs the company is developed and maintained in-house. Using open-source technologies, everything from our consumer website, our shop tills, to our warehouse stock control has been created from the ground up. If you're looking for a role where you can work on some really exciting projects in a massively expanding business, then look no further!
What you'll be doing
Supporting IT infrastructure over 300 sites with 2500+ employees across the UK and Europe, you'll support a broad range of hardware and software across a wide user base from offices, distribution centres and retail environments.
- Designing, construction and administering a variety of IT infrastructure including server and network hardware and software
- Documenting technical specifications and writing supporting processes and procedures
- Supporting structured incident, problem and event management process, providing reports and advice at appropriate technical levels
- Maintaining relationships with 3rd party suppliers of support contracts, software and hardware
What you'll bring
- With experience working in an IT support or Systems Admin role, your communication and documentation skills will be second to none. You'll also pride yourself on your strong investigative and problem-solving skills.
- Practical Linux / Unix experience (preferably Ubuntu, but not exclusive)
- Experience with Open Source technologies (eg. Apache, PHP)
- Related professional qualification, examples of appropriate qualifications include: CCNA, LPIC, SSCP, CISSP, ITIL
- Following experience desirable - Cisco, Microsoft Windows SQL Server, Virtualisation, Security tools, Monitoring tools (eg. Zabbix, Cacti), MySQL DBA, Configuration management tools (eg. Puppet, Munki), experience in an ITIL environment
What we'll give to you
A career in Which? Retailer of the Year 2016 & 2017 which is opening 40 stores this year alone. At Toolstation we're proud to offer great career development opportunities to our colleagues, with a strong culture of recognising and supporting talent and promoting colleagues from within. You'll be challenged in your role and our values are high; but we're here to support you and ensure your success with us.
As part of the Travis Perkins group plc, Toolstation are able to offer great benefits to our employees; including colleague pension, childcare vouchers, competitive rates of pay, discount on products across the Travis Perkins Group, company share save schemes and more!
How to apply
Caught your interest? Want to know more? Take a look at www.toolstationjobs.com or simply hit apply
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83163022