Glasgow based Metix is an established and successful medical technology company that is currently developing the next-generation of medical devices that have the potential to improve medical care in pre-hospital care settings. We are looking for engineers who are versatile, enthusiastic and display leadership qualities.
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute to the development of a multi-tier web application for remote monitoring of vital signs.
- Contribute to the development of web components for the visualisation and management of large volumes of data.
- Create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Contribute to building and maintaining our platforms, systems, and infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems, network system design, and cloud computing services & API’s.
- BA/BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience in computer science, data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Strong OOP skills.
- Software development experience in Node.js -this is an essential requirement of the role
- Experience with NoSQL(Document-based) databases
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful web services.
- Comfortable applying agile methodologies (SCRUM).
- in Software Engineering, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
- Experience procuring cloud environments and setting up external services.
- Experience developing real-time applications using Meteor.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Flexible working hours
- Relaxed working environment
- Short walking distance from Glasgow Central Station
- Casual dress code
- 35 hour contract with an hour lunch
- Opportunity to work from home after probation
All our contracts are based upon 6month FTC, pending performance and business needs, the contract may be extended or made permanent upon completion of the 6 months FTC..
For further information on Metix, please visit our site: www.metixmedical.co.uk or follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetixMedical/
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
No agencies or recruiters please.