Senior Payroll Manager
Our Client, a major player in high street gaming, is looking for an experienced Payroll Manager to join their team. The role will be based in Milton Keynes at their modern Head Office with onsite restaurant and parking. The successful applicant will not only have the right skills and knowledge but will also have a “can do” attitude. Your working hours will be Monday – Friday normal office hours.
The purpose of this role is to cover for the payroll manager and to lead and deliver on specific projects including: ongoing HMRC project work, a move from 4 weekly to monthly payroll, moving expenses from Accounts Payable to Payroll. Previous experience of managing projects and/or previous use of Ernie system would be advantageous. You will be part of a small team which manages the end to end payroll process for over 1800 employees.
• Payroll administration in line with schemes of conditions of service and statutory requirements including PAYE, NI, SSP, SMP and Data Protection
• Updating and maintaining payroll records – new starters and leavers processing, amendments to contracts, tax code changes, etc.
• Review payroll processes and practices to develop them to be more efficient, using and developing the underlying systems to achieve this
• Processing court orders, childcare scheme deductions and other payment alterations, calculation and processing backpays as required
• Statutory reporting and filling (P45, P60, P11D, national statistics reports, etc.)
• Maintaining a working knowledge of current statutory legislation related to Sickness, Maternity, other special leave, Tax and National Insurance, etc.
• Comply with HMRC, government and legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
• Answering payroll related staff queries, ensuring a good level of customer service
• Filling paperwork in an efficient manner
• Working closely with HR to ensure smooth payroll processing
• Set objectives and agree Personal Development Plans for the team
• Support the Financial Controller and CFO on ad hoc projects as and when required
Key Skills & Experience required:
• Strong IT skills – excel, email, accounting systems, transaction processing and payroll systems (please list in your CV the software systems you have used and are proficient in)
• Clear and effective communication skills
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong management skills and a professional approach including confidentiality and robust, clear controls
• Clear and logical thinking with good organisational skills and an ability to work to deadlines
• Flexible and acts as a role model for the team encouraging adaptability and development
• Experience in accounting, qualified or looking to qualify with a recognised accounting body
If you feel that you have all the necessary skills and experience to be successful in a role such as this, please apply today and someone will be in contact with you soon.
This vacancy is being advertised by Adam Butler Limited. The services advertised here are those of an Employment Agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we are pleased to accept applications from all sections of the community. Any qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from people holding equivalent qualifications.
Any direct canvassing or agency approaches will be automatically redirected to adambutlerltd.co.uk for further consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83162218