- Global leading manufacturer within Automation, Control Products, and Pneumatics
- Extensive product range
- Great technical backup and extensive individual training
- Growing internationally
- Well known for engineering excellence
- Complete internal calibration of monitoring and measuring devices and maintain internal calibration systems. This includes hands tools such as micrometers, calipers, torque drivers, and more.
- Facilitate external calibration of monitoring and measuring devices and maintain external calibration systems. Liaise with external providers on issues regarding calibration.
- Analyse calibration certificates and highlight trends in deterioration to ensure all gauges and tools are adequately fit for purpose.
- Liaise with external providers to receive quotations that would invalidate calibration status.
- Improve current processes and implement methods of storage and safeguarding to prevent damage and adjustments.
- Offer the Quality Manager suggestions to develop programs and projects that support the Quality department and all other departments within the company.
- Write and maintain calibration instructions.
- Raise purchase orders for calibration services and new tools.
- Manage projects with stakeholders across different departments to meet a shared goal.
- To be PC literate using Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Entropy.
- Provide customers both internal and external with the a high standard of customer service
The Ideal Person:
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING
- ONC/HNC in Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience within a Quality role, including calibration.
- Vast knowledge of monitoring and measuring tools.
- Conversant in Microsoft Office.
- A customer orientated approach with decisive decision making skills.
- Fully competent in calibrating hand tools: micrometers, calipers etc and ability to maintain calibration system.
- Excellent Quality knowledge and the ability to promote and train good quality practices within the organisation. .
- Good communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise daily tasks, to meet often tight time constraints
Consultant: Darren Wrigley
Tel no. 0208 397 4114
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
At On Target, we specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Building Services, Medical & Scientific, and Commercial & Industrial Solutions sectors, enabling our consultants to become experts in their market sector. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83159418