Digital Business Analyst
Digital Business Analyst
A really exciting opportunity for a Digital Business Analyst to join a well known UK leading retailer.
The purpose of the Digital Business Analyst is the to have responsibility of the creation of user stories and acceptance criteria within digital projects, acting as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design from which applications and solutions are developed.
- Working with business and technology partners across the digital transformation programme to understand the customer / business needs, to create and maintain an operating plan to achieve the strategic vision and operating platform that defines the people, processes, tools, and technology to support business growth and BAU activities
- Support the defining, managing and adherence to the framework for user story / technical requirements creation, to ensure the effective delivery and quality of all user stories through analysis, translation and documentation with regular updating and maintenance, to deliver and maintain the business needs / processes
- Elicit, analyse, translate and document the business processes and requirements of each project, including test programme development, logic, process flows and specification to a high standard proactively monitoring activities to identify interdependencies and potential conflicts and take the corrective action.
- Ensuring that acceptance criteria have been met, working with the development and test teams to ensure effective QA, and with the business partners to complete User Acceptance Testing and actively chasing up resolution of issues
- Ensuring a smooth transition into operation, providing a consistent quality of documentation including user manuals to describe application installation and operating procedures
- Operating within agile methodology and interfacing with various business and technology partners to ensure continuous delivery through DevOps.
- Coordinate project resources/stakeholders to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and flexible attitude to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation skills, and outstanding verbal / written communication skills with ability to influence peers and management; strong stakeholder management
- Self-starter; adaptable to change; motivated to set personal and program goals and proactively track performance against goals and initiatives objectives
- Good personal organisation, productivity and time management skills
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
- Ability to manage multiple priorities - projects, deliverables, and stakeholders
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products
- Ability to partner with software engineers and quality analysts to identify course of resolutions
- Strong analytical skills applied to understanding business functionality and translating them into application requirements
- Strong understanding of basic system engineering, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas working with Agile and waterfall principles
- Ideal candidate will have retail experience and in depth knowledge of Digital delivery
- An understanding of BMPN and UML (e.g. Use Cases, Activity Diagrams) would be an advantage.
- In depth understanding of the various software development lifecycles (e.g. DevOps, Agile, RUP, and Waterfall)
- Demonstrated experience in writing software requirements and test specifications
- Knowledge of systems development life-cycle
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/83166965