Reporting to a Senior Print Buyer or Print Buying Manger within Print Purchasing. The Print Purchasing Team are responsible for the sourcing, costing, negotiation, ordering and production of all Arcadia brands’ printed graphic, marketing material and bag requirements, using a variety of print and delivery processes.
- Raise job sheet for allocated job and digest key information.
- Using print knowledge, review and identify cost effective method of printing/finishing and distribution, maximising value for money, whilst maintaining quality, timings and service levels.
- Produce accurate print specifications, select appropriate suppliers and request quotes (usually via Print Workflow Tool).
- Review costs received, identify discrepancies, potential cost savings and negotiation opportunities.
- Present costs for line manager sign-off (value dependent), prior to submitting to brand.
- Upon brand's cost approval, complete p/o request admin and record additional savings made.
- On notification of p/o authorisation, arrange artwork supply, confirm order and agree final timings with selected supplier.
- Project manage multiple jobs at various production stages with brands and suppliers, including proof approvals and distribution/installation admin.
- Request and quality check files of finished job.
- Prior to closing down job folder, ensure all latest details have been recorded for future reference.
Internally: Brands - VM, Marketing and Creative Co-ordinators. Designers/Artworkers.
Externally: Preferred Suppliers - Account Managers/Estimators.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Understanding and knowledge of digital, litho and screen print production processes.
- Previous print buying experience preferable.
- Good interpersonal skills, particularly in communicating and negotiating with others.
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude.
- Team player who is able to prioritise schedules and manage own workload, highlighting any issues or concerns in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage several projects at any one time within a fast paced environment, whilst maintaining good attention to detail.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/83158691