- Full Time
Management Accountant required to join a well-established and fast-growing specialist pharmaceutical company, based in Weybridge, Surrey. This is an excellent opportunity for an inquisitive Management Accountant, who enjoys making a difference, to join a company that certainly does.
Suitable candidates will either be qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA), or close to qualifying and will have at least four years' experience as a Management Accountant. The main purpose of the role is to analyse and report on company financial data to ensure that the directors receive timely, accurate and relevant information to enable them to make effective decisions. Furthermore, to help maintain reliable, accurate and robust accounting records and to prepare and assist with all statutory reporting requirements.
He or she will an adept user of Excel and experience with Sage would be a bonus. In return the company offers a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as a pleasant and progressive working environment. There is on-site parking, a station within walking distance and a flexible working hours policy.
Principle Accountabilities of the Management Accountant
- Maintain reliable and accurate accounting records and helping produce monthly management accounts,
- Prepare and assist with all statutory reporting requirements including PAYE, NIC, VAT and P11D returns plus EC sales lists submissions,
- Administration of Sage 200 including control of user access and routine maintenance,
- Administration of internet banking including setting up payments, updating mandates and maintaining facilities,
- Preparing and posting journals onto the nominal ledger,
- Maintaining the company's sales ledger,
- Reconciling stock values,
- Provide training and support on Concur, company credit cards and price lists,
- Preparing relevant company sales and market reports including sales vs. budget, sales by product and sales by market,
Skills, Qualifications and Behaviours of the Management Accountant
- Qualified accountant (ACCA / ACA or similar),
- At least four years' experience working as a management accountant,
- Experience of Sage 200, Microsoft Office, Excel and Word,
- Must have excellent analytical skills, be literate and have experience of profit and loss accounts, balance sheets and general business finance,
- Comfortable dealing with customers and suppliers,
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage different priorities, and
- People skills including working as part of a small team and offering support to other finance and non-finance staff.
Location: Weybridge, Surrey
Salary: £40K to £42K, Benefits package.
On-site parking, close to train station.
Flexible hours policy (core hours 10am - 3:30pm)
Status: Permanent, Full Time
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83159380