An exciting opportunity has risen for a Civil Litigator to join a Legal 500, Lexcel Accredited and multi-award winning firm with 100 years of expertise operating in all major practices.
You will be joining a highly regarded Dispute Resolution team who boast extensive experience in their department, who service clients from off the street as well as cross referrals from the commercial and other non-contentious departments.
- Areas of Law covered by the Civil Litigator will include:-
- Breach of contract
- Consumer protection
- Neighbour disputes
- Contentious probate
- Professional negligence
- Landlord and tenant
- Debt collection
- Apply the law in a practical way to give the best outcome for the client and think outside the box rather than have a rigid approach.
- Some advocacy is required.
- You will need to have the ability to get to the key issues quickly and not get embroiled in unnecessary detail
- You will have a good knowledge of civil procedure rules and preferably some experience of the High Court
- You will have knowledge of enforcement procedures and an understanding of the different funding options, including CFAs, DBAs and LEI
- You do not necessarily need to have experience in all matter types but must have the ability to know how to find out what to do
- You will have excellent client care skills, good computer/typing skills and the ability to:-
- Be self-sufficient
- Work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Work towards achieving KPIs (financial and matter time targets)
- Promote and develop self, team and the firm
- Competitive salary
This is an outstanding opportunity with a clear path for career progression, so please contact Christine Brannigan, ref: CB13415, on 01279 464455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org in the strictest confidence to discuss this role further.