Our client, a growing travel tour operator, is seeking a Group Accountant to join the company.
The basis of the role is to maintain the integrity of financial reporting and to develop and support systems to support reporting and to ensure control processes are fit for purpose. This role is playing a key part in adding value and in influencing decision making.
Group Accountant Duties:
- Treasury & Cashflow management
- FX reporting
- Month end consolidation
- UK VAT reporting
- Management of external advisors for local tax submissions
- Management of auditors and statutory accountants
- Review all balance sheet reconciliations for compliance
- Management of Insurances and leases
- ABTA & ATOL reporting
- Ownership of governance and financial policy
- Staff management and development
Group Accountant Required Skills and Experience
- ACA/ACCA, practice background
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Ability to challenge peers and superiors in a constructive and professional manner
- Must be highly self -motivated
- Must have high attention to detail and the ability to work accurately
- Can demonstrate and clearly articulate commercial acumen
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results
- Proficient at manipulating, summarising and interpreting large amounts of transactions
- Experience with Sun Systems including Vision Q&A
- Experience of Oracle FCCS (consolidation software)
Travel industry experience
- Provides solutions to problems
- Must be able to demonstrate a track record of strong people management
- Experience of developing and implementing processes, systems and controls.
Group Accountant salary
- Basic salary from £55,000 depending on experience
To apply for this Group Accountant position, please email your full current CV as soon as possible.
Due to volume of applications, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs.