Foundry Quality Engineer
Foundry Quality Engineer
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm
Location: Dudley, West Midlands
Salary: £28,000pa - £32,000pa
We are looking for an experienced Quality engineer with experience working within a foundry environment for a well-established automotive manufacturer in Dudley. The right candidate will be able to final audit all products prior to dispatch and ensure that all quality standards are met. This role will suit someone with good communication, organisational skills and an eye for detail.
· To final audit all product at each process stage in the finishing shop ensuring it complies with known standards. All batches are to be rejected on 1 defect.
· Conduct dock audits prior to despatch
· To ensure customer standards are understood and implemented at all stages of the manufacturing process.
· Assist to ensure all samples are fully measured and tested prior to submission to customer.
· Ensure all issues are documented using the CAR process
· Report audit findings on a weekly basis.
· Ensure all processes have up to date finishing shop documentation available
· Conduct load tests in line with monthly schedule.
· Ensure all customer returns are analysed and communicated to shop floor, as part of this, documentation and audit process will be updated accordingly.
· Liaise with customers to ensure their requirements are met
Key Skills & Experience:
· Product Audit - Final Audit, reject on one, reassess reworked product, ensure documentation is available, conduct first off, dock audits and confirm all checks are conducted.
· Manufacturing Documentation - Raise quality alerts, Product history cards / updates, finishing shop documents / update
· Process Validation /Audit - Individual part history cards, Visual aids - customer concerns, Amend work instructions - customer concerns
· Quality Reporting - Customer return analysis, Overdue CAR’s, Load test status, Audit performance
· Other Miscellaneous Tasks - Conduct Gauge R & R, Load testing, Audit TS16949 systems, Audit ISO9001 systems, ensure all product is calibrated KS Audits
Areas of Responsibility:
· Quality Control - Ensure all departmental quality procedures are audited, maintain ISO9001, investigate variations and implement corrective action
· Health & Safety - Conduct Risk assessments on key foundry process and recommend improvements, Audit to confirm that guards are fitted securely, report any unsafe situation, Review procedures and recommend improvements in conjunction with ISO18001
· Cost Control - Ensure all customer requirements are as per quotation and that any changes are reported to the commercial department.
· Audits - Assist with all full audit process within the finishing shop
· Documentation - Ensure all documentation and client records are kept up to date always.
How to apply:
If you feel that you have all the experience and skills for this position, then please Apply or send your most recent CV to Sam Kerby @ AM2PM