5 days left
- Full Time
This leading specialist insurer is looking for a qualified accountant to join their business as MI Analyst holding key relationships with Executive Management, Finance Management, Finance Business Partners, Group Planning Team, Actuarial, Underwriting Business Managers and other Business Users.
The MI Analyst will have Ownership of the accurate and timely delivery of finance MI reporting to the Executive Committees, various company boards and Lloyds
Key Activities and areas of responsibility
- MI Reporting
- Responsible for the delivery of various MI on a periodic basis for the executive committee and boards in accordance with pre-approved timetables including:
- Flash Report
- Management Accounts
- Coverholder Profitability reporting
- Trading Team Triangles
- Lloyds PMD reporting
- Continuously strive to develop reporting capabilities for process efficiency and reporting effectiveness
- Ensure appropriate control framework is in place to ensure accuracy of reporting
Specific Business Partner activities. These will include, but are not restricted to, the following:
- Business Partnering to 4-5 support functions, including:
- Expense reporting and analysis
- Cost challenge delivery
- Forecast/Budget templates
- Cost saving initiatives
- Reviewing and ensuring delivery of expense MI to key stakeholders and working with them to provide suitable commentary and where appropriate approval in a timely and professional manner as suitable for the report type and audience
- Ad hoc requests from the business
- Expense Reporting
- Support the Expense Analyst to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of the expense actuals, budget and forecast processes.
- End to end understanding of the expense processes to ensure there is cover and support for the Expense Analyst through all reporting cycles (monthly, quarterly & annual)
Skills Knowledge and Experience
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent, with at least 2 years post qualification experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving ability.
- Insurance industry experience is beneficial