Clinical Editor / Medical Editor
Job title: Clinical Editor / Medical Editor
Location: Home based although company is West London based
Part-time hours: 30 hours across 5 days each week
Salary: £28-32k (pro rata which equates to £22,400-£25,600)
Are you an experienced Clinical or Medical Editor?
Get a kick out of providing health care staff with the information they need to deliver the very best evidence-based care to patients?
Would you like to be a pivotal member of the team which develops novel ways of presenting educational materials for nursing and medical students?
Want to join a vibrant, medical publishing company which is successfully complementing the way clinical staff update their skills?
And you’d love a part-time position, 30 hours per week over 5 days (there may even more work available at times)?
And yes, you can work from home in this role!
You’d be joining a renowned UK company delivering training guidance and best practice in clinical skills and patient care. Their solutions are double-blind peer reviewed, simple to follow, quick and easy to use and as a company, they’re trusted by over 100 UK healthcare organisations, including many of the country’s top NHS trusts, leading universities, hospices and care home organisations.
We need your proven medical/clinical editing expertise to oversee the production of highly illustrated material which is published online.
Your knack for turning what could be perceived to be dry copy into engaging training solutions is absolutely pivotal to your success in this role.
You’ll have the following skills, expertise, and personality to excel in this opportunity:
- Very experienced clinical editor
- A life sciences degree and several years’ experience in STM publishing, although a nurse with editorial experience will also be considered.
- Excellent proofreading skills; typos frsutrate yuo (!)
- Your skills lend themselves to tight copy with not a single word wasted
- Ability to take a somewhat technical piece of writing and ensure it’s comprehensible for all
- Partner well with the team’s illustrator ensuring all content is captured visually to support and enhance the training topic
- Contribute to clinical content if you have hands-on clinical knowledge of a specific area such as paediatric nursing or care for older people
- Develop relationships with authors and peer reviewers
- There may be some commissioning also
- Attention to detail (very key to this role as you can imagine)
- Love taking manuscripts through the entire process to publication-ready (alongside a variety of people to support you)
- Liaise with marketing to promote new content
- Already work from home and know that it works well for you (ideally)
- Very likable and able to be a crucial member of a small team based in the UK
If we’ve piqued your interest and you’re thinking about a new clinical editor opportunity, do please send your CV across and one of our recruitment team will give you a call to discuss.